• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don't know if this is a righteous shoot, yet...

BriKuz

Shooting in South Phoenix

Dead guy rammed shooter's vehicle. Ramee got out as rammer comfronted him, shot rammer in the head. We'll see how this plays out, especially considering the shooter's GF (in the car as well) was the ex of the rammer/shootee...

davidmcbeth

Banned
from link:

Investigators say that Gutierrez is dating Rodriguez's ex-girlfriend. She was in the Honda when the shooting happened. He's facing a first degree murder charge.

The investigation is ongoing.

See when our little head thinks for our big head...what happens? 1st degree murder charge (or bullet to head).

eye95

Shooting in South Phoenix

Dead guy rammed shooter's vehicle. Ramee got out as rammer comfronted him, shot rammer in the head. We'll see how this plays out, especially considering the shooter's GF (in the car as well) was the ex of the rammer/shootee...

The story at the link indicates that it was a passenger in the ramming vehicle who was shot to death. Also, the article says that there was an argument.

It sounds to me as if the shooting was not in self-defense, but as an escalation of a dispute.

I got my money on murder or manslaughter.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
No information on the events that transpired between shooter and shooteee after the ramming, let alone why the ramming took place in the first place (such as did the shootee encourage the rammer to ram?).

The ibclusion of the event taking place "near" a grocery store injects editorialization into the story. Why not extend the distance a bit and comment on the "nearby" old folks' home, or the dog park, or the ....

stay safe.

HPmatt

Why not extend the distance a bit and comment on the "nearby" old folks' home, or the dog park, or the ....

or the - ...'within sight on a very clear day of 8 miles to a 'gun free' elementary school just like the one in CT where an AR15 (rumored to have been developed by Nazis) was used.....'

ptrdsmn

I like the picture of the victim dressed up like a wannabe gangster. I'm the 21 year old already has a criminal record as well as the shooter. No tears here.