Thread: Question from Michigan Resident

Question from Michigan Resident

My wife is travelling to FL shortly, and has a question regarding carrying someone else's handgun.

In MI, anyone holding a CPL may carry anyone else's legally registered pistol; the question is, does FL have a similar law, and does it extend to a non resident MI CPL holder possessing a legally registered FL citizen's sidearm?
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Re: Question from Michigan Resident

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bear View Post
    My wife is travelling to FL shortly, and has a question regarding carrying someone else's handgun.

In MI, anyone holding a CPL may carry anyone else's legally registered pistol; the question is, does FL have a similar law, and does it extend to a non resident MI CPL holder possessing a legally registered FL citizen's sidearm?
    No registration in Fl. She can carry someone else's gun. Fl statutes are online.

Www.handgunlaw.us
    Last edited by 77zach; 08-28-2013 at 08:15 PM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bear View Post

Confused...is she a resident of MI or not? Title suggest she is, however this confused me.

Florida, like Michigan only recognize out-of-state CPL's if the individual is a resident of the state that issued the CPL. IF she is a MI resident and had a valid CPL from MI, she can carry any pistol - Concealed.
    Last edited by notalawyer; 08-30-2013 at 08:27 PM. Reason: typo

Sorry for the confusion; thanks to all for the info.
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)