• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question from Michigan Resident

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
My wife is travelling to FL shortly, and has a question regarding carrying someone else's handgun.

In MI, anyone holding a CPL may carry anyone else's legally registered pistol; the question is, does FL have a similar law, and does it extend to a non resident MI CPL holder possessing a legally registered FL citizen's sidearm?

77zach

My wife is travelling to FL shortly, and has a question regarding carrying someone else's handgun.

In MI, anyone holding a CPL may carry anyone else's legally registered pistol; the question is, does FL have a similar law, and does it extend to a non resident MI CPL holder possessing a legally registered FL citizen's sidearm?

No registration in Fl. She can carry someone else's gun. Fl statutes are online.

Www.handgunlaw.us

Last edited:

notalawyer

Confused...is she a resident of MI or not? Title suggest she is, however this confused me.

Florida, like Michigan only recognize out-of-state CPL's if the individual is a resident of the state that issued the CPL. IF she is a MI resident and had a valid CPL from MI, she can carry any pistol - Concealed.

Last edited: