• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Quick question, Outer Banks open carry

Roverhound

Coming down from Virginia to do some fishing. I have a VA cc permission slip but was wondering how friendly OBX (Hate that term!) is to open carry.
I've downloaded the NC pamphlet.
Thanks people.

dmatting

I have never been there, so I can't say for certain. My first thought was that it's just another part of NC, so OC should be good to go except in the usual free kill zones. Then I remembered that a lot of that area is designated as wildlife refuge and parks so I pulled up google maps and, sure enough, a lot of the outer banks are colored green. And that is where the line gets a little blurred for me. If it is a national park, then you're good to go (except for the federal buildings). If it is a state park, then you're not so good to go - you'll have to conceal. I'm not sure about national wildlife refuges, reserves, and the like.

... was wondering how friendly OBX (Hate that term!) is to open carry.
If you dislike the term, then simply use the actual words: The Outer Banks. Letters and words are free - use them!