• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missouri Preparing to Nullify Federal Gun Laws

Slowmo

http://www.kmbz.com/Missouri-Preparing-to-Nullify-Federal-Gun-Laws/17172056

David De Lossy/Thinkstock(JEFFERSON CITY, Mo.) -- Missouri is ready to push back against President Obama trying to toughen gun control laws by enacting its own measure that would make federal gun laws in the Show Me state essentially null and void.

If the Republican-controlled legislature manages to override a veto by Democratic Governor Jay Nixon on Sept. 10, it would make it the biggest victory yet for supporters of states’ rights over the federal government.

GOP lawmakers feel they've got enough Democrats on their side to override Nixon's veto. Nonetheless, the law, if it passes, will be challenged in court by those on the governor's side who agree with him that the paradigm of federal supremacy "is as logically sound as it is legally well established."

Under the law, federal agents could presumably be arrested or sued for enforcing federal gun laws in Missouri.

Meanwhile, Robert A. Levy, head of the libertarian Cato Institute, contends Missouri or any other state is forbidden from blocking the federal government’s attempts from enforcing laws.

Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio

Caught that on Google this morning.

JustaShooter

Good luck with that. A federal court has already ruled against the law in Montana that says that firearms or ammunition that are manufactured in that state and remain within its borders are not subject to federal law or federal regulations. I expect similar rulings against these laws as well.

JEStucker

Good luck with that. A federal court has already ruled against the law in Montana that says that firearms or ammunition that are manufactured in that state and remain within its borders are not subject to federal law or federal regulations. I expect similar rulings against these laws as well.

it still sends a message to DC, regardless of if it's contested in courts. States and their Citizens are tired of having their rights trampled by out of touch elitist sellouts.

davidmcbeth

Banned

The judge was wrong though .. relying on the old standard "commerce clause"...

Look at the diver's privacy act that was ruled the same ... old commerce clause ... but the act specifically exempts CDL holders - those that do actual interstate commerce.

That commerce clause has been twisted and perverted.

Judge was wrong wrong wrong. Do we have to respect wrong rulings?