• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OK, Which is it ..? Unlawful or All ?

deanf

Seems like they refuse to obey State Preemption and will twist the law to their views.

Preemption? They're a state agency. .290 doesn't apply to them. Or are you referring to the highest preemption statute, the state constitution?

tannerwaterbury

Wait..what?! Now I'm confused: There IS an issue here about a STATE AGENCY banning weapons in a STATE Building, correct? So doesn't Constitutional preemption affect them if they are refusing weapons on the premises? Has anyone notified whomever it is in charge of the State Worksource that this is happening, and that it's going against state preemption law? At least, from what I see everyone's saying that's what's happening.

Jeff Hayes

Preemption? They're a state agency. .290 doesn't apply to them. Or are you referring to the highest preemption statute, the state constitution?[/COLOR]

A State agency can not make law and as far as I know they must follow state law so they are left with making rules which I do not see any rules posted.

The first sign on the left allows lawful weapons since it only says unlawful weapons are prohibited.

The middle sign is just there for the intimidation factor it is very hard to meet the legal requirements of intimidating a public servant and if you go that far then you may want to review your conduct anyway.

The third sign prohibits any and all dangerous weapons since a firearm is not a dangerous weapon unless it is furtively carried, firearms are allowed especially an openly carried firearm since that would be the opposite of furtively carried.

RCW 9.41.250
Dangerous weapons — Penalty.

(1) Every person who:

(a) Manufactures, sells, or disposes of or possesses any instrument or weapon of the kind usually known as slung shot, sand club, or metal knuckles, or spring blade knife;

(b) Furtively carries with intent to conceal any dagger, dirk, pistol, or other dangerous weapon; or

(c) Uses any contrivance or device for suppressing the noise of any firearm unless the suppressor is legally registered and possessed in accordance with federal law,

is guilty of a gross misdemeanor punishable under chapter 9A.20 RCW.

(2) "Spring blade knife" means any knife, including a prototype, model, or other sample, with a blade that is automatically released by a spring mechanism or other mechanical device, or any knife having a blade which opens, or falls, or is ejected into position by the force of gravity, or by an outward, downward, or centrifugal thrust or movement. A knife that contains a spring, detent, or other mechanism designed to create a bias toward closure of the blade and that requires physical exertion applied to the blade by hand, wrist, or arm to overcome the bias toward closure to assist in opening the knife is not a spring blade knife.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Issue resolved -

Mr. Starks,
Thank you for your patience and understanding. I have received guidance from our state office and I’m pleased to say we only intend to ban unlawful possession and are removing the one sign.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Respectfully,

Albert

Albert Garza l Administrator, Employment Security Department, WorkSource Auburn/Renton
2707 I Street NE, Auburn, WA. 98002 l 253.804.1155 l 253.350.4572 cell

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Charlie Sheen says: "Winning!!" Seems like we make headway in one area, we lose ground in another. To quote another member "citizenship is a verb". Thanks to all that go the extra mile.

sudden valley gunner

Issue resolved -

Mr. Starks,
Thank you for your patience and understanding. I have received guidance from our state office and I’m pleased to say we only intend to ban unlawful possession and are removing the one sign.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Respectfully,

Albert

Albert Garza l Administrator, Employment Security Department, WorkSource Auburn/Renton
2707 I Street NE, Auburn, WA. 98002 l 253.804.1155 l 253.350.4572 cell

Awesome work Bill!

They forget to mention and "we hope to discourage all weapon carry by misleading signs".:lol:

Dave_pro2a

I had to do a mandatory WorkSource class today (Auburn on I street). Upon arrival, at the front of the building are the "NO WEAPONS" signs. When I get to the door they have the three signs posted. I CC'd since I did not want to interfere with my Unemployment Class. At one point during the class I had to lean over to get my backpack and the girl next to me changed seats (my shirt rose up and changed me to OC). Everything we did today was in the public space of the building. At anytime someone from the street could walk into the classroom or into the cubicle.

It looks as if they are trying to confuse folks that they are off-limits by posting the two signs together. Somewhere I have the contact for someone on this issue and will get communication started.

20130829_112327_zpse6f6c4a1.jpg

The sign in the middle is the most worrisome imho.

They KNOW they WILL piss people off. To such an extent they have to warn them ahead of time to not actually act angry, when they inevitably get pissed off.

Ahhhh welfare queens (the government workers in that building sucking off the big fat teat of our taxes).