Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Thread: Growing Racial Violence

  1. #1
    Regular Member HP995's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    MO, USA
    Posts
    289

    Growing Racial Violence

    There have been a ton of mob and Knockout type incidents lately.

    Most people here are probably familiar with those, but I've noticed some disturbing trends:

    More violent. (Beating on concrete to fracture bones in the head.)

    More organized. (Using tactics, surprise, vehicles, weapons.)

    Bolder. (Police officer gets skull fractured with baseball bat trying to stop a mob event. Assuming he was open carrying...wow.)

    Unexpected. (May not look like thugs, may be younger or less tough looking than expected.)

    Attackers want to catch people off guard, so please be alert and aware, watch your back and watch out for your family and friends.

    Some situations that would have traditionally been very safe, now may have some risk. These are people who feel entitled to hate without consequences, and many of them have gotten away with previous attacks, so they may strike in a risky situation, even though they are also looking for "safe" victims to attack. Don't get struck from behind.

    I won't post links because there's too many. WND has a bunch, and there's a blog devoted to it, but read it where you like; just stay safe!

  2. #2
    Regular Member Bigpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    49
    Thanks to our President for starting it.

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpapa View Post
    Thanks to our President for starting it.
    Huh? Whut?

    Are you suggesting that this sort of thing did not exist before 2008?

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  4. #4
    Regular Member Gil223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Weber County Utah
    Posts
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by HP995 View Post
    ... I won't post links because there's too many. WND has a bunch, and there's a blog devoted to it, but read it where you like; just stay safe!
    Recently I have noticed that WND has - almost daily - reported articles on "The Knockout Game" (where roving gangs of blacks assault random whites for no reason and beat them senseless), other forms of black-on-white violence, black mobs taking over shopping malls, etc. This raised the question in my mind, "Is WND simply reporting that which the mainstream media chooses not to release to the public, or are they actually promoting and surreptitiously supporting and encouraging increased racial tensions?"

    The fact that it even raised that question for me, is an indication that WND seems to have an agenda - the problem (for me) is determining exactly what that "agenda" is. Is it accurate and honest reportage, or attempting to incite even greater racial separation?
    How does OC figure into this? It could be a deterrent should you find yourself in an uncomfortable, potentially dangerous situation... or, it could be seen by a group of thugs as a challenge. The key to avoiding becoming a victim of any crime is to remain acutely aware of your surroundings at all times (especially after dark), don't walk like a victim, and don't think that looking over your shoulder frequently makes you a wuss. Pax...
    Last edited by Gil223; 09-03-2013 at 03:49 AM.
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

  5. #5
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Who reads the WND?
    This raised the question in my mind, "Is WND simply reporting that which the mainstream media chooses not to release to the public, or are they actually promoting and surreptitiously supporting and encouraging increased racial tensions?
    Has anyone claimed that WND put them up to doing the knock-out game?

    Are you the first citizen to ask this question?

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    Is WND simply reporting that which the mainstream media chooses not to release to the public, or are they actually promoting and surreptitiously supporting and encouraging increased racial tensions?
    Yes. And so are many folks on this forum (especially in threads like these) whether they realize it or care to admit it.

    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Who reads the WND?
    Nobody with two brain cells to rub together.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Black_water's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    On The Border in AZ
    Posts
    152
    I had a conversation a few weeks ago about growing up in the 60s and 70s and all of us remember it the same way: it wasn't as bad then as it is now.

    Having said that, our POTUS and this administration has been race baiting from the beginning. I won't get into all the details but this spans the new black panther party to George Zimmerman.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,161
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Who reads the WND? ... Are you the first citizen to ask this question?
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Nobody with two brain cells to rub together.
    That might be an interesting Social Lounge thread in its own right, where do you get your news-like information?
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Deanimator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rocky River, OH, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_water View Post
    Having said that, our POTUS and this administration has been race baiting from the beginning. I won't get into all the details but this spans the new black panther party to George Zimmerman.
    Obama is just doing what ANY Chicago politician does.

    In Chicago, EVERYTHING is about race, ALL the time.

    The average Chicagoan will let you steal his last nickel if he thinks you'll use four cents of it to hurt somebody of a different race, ethnicity or religion. And that is completely across the board without regard to race, religion or ethnicity. Whites hate Blacks; Blacks hate Jews; Mexicans hate Puerto Ricans; mainland Italians hate Sicilians. It's all about hating "the other".

    It's the Chicago way, and Obama is up to his eyebrows in it.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

  10. #10
    Regular Member HP995's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    MO, USA
    Posts
    289
    The fact that it even raised that question for me, is an indication that WND seems to have an agenda - the problem (for me) is determining exactly what that "agenda" is.
    Wow, this is believing that your own mind shapes reality. If you suspect it, it must be so!

    This raised the question in my mind, "Is WND simply reporting that which the mainstream media chooses not to release to the public, or are they actually promoting and surreptitiously supporting and encouraging increased racial tensions?"
    That needs straightening out on several levels. First, the idea that reporting something is encouraging it. If so, we should only hear the good news? Should we only hear about racism when it's one particular race doing it, or maybe not at all? Second, looking only at mainstream media vs WND. These reports are often in local news reports, crime reports, and of course cell phone videos taken by perps, victims, and witnesses, posted on various web sites. National news, yes, chooses not to mention the whole thing. Local news (also "mainstream") report on these but just don't like to mention the races involved, even though there is a clear persistent pattern, and they sometimes downplay the incident. Third, the idea that WND is the one increasing tensions. This is a cultural trend. Just watch some videos and read some comments by the perps to see what I mean.

    The key to avoiding becoming a victim of any crime is to remain acutely aware of your surroundings at all times
    Agreed, and that's why I posted a warning here, but when the attack is specifically designed to catch you off guard (KO game) that's not always foolproof. I saw a video of a bus driver. There were some kids hanging around the front of the bus that looked suspicious, but they got off without any problems. The attacker was someone quiet in the line of people getting off. He blended the attack from his normal movements, so there wasn't even split second warning. A hard punch to the head, driver had a concussion, or was dazed, and the kid just went right off the bus without missing a beat. I wish he had taken some precaution, but it was such a fast attack that you even want to review that part of the video several times.

    So, do you feel led to blame victims and messengers first, before really looking at the perps? I'm really surprised to find that attitude here.

    Also, seeing this moved to Social Lounge says something. This kind of crime is the reason a lot of people are carrying; it's reality, not a political or cultural viewpoint, or a form of discrimination. That's why I'm spending less time at the forums here. Anyway, I've done my responsible duty to warn people of a real threat! Feel free to laugh it off; just don't get distracted and end up getting your head beaten against the pavement while your attackers laugh. That's what is happening to many people, and that's why this news is showing up at WND and in local news. Sometimes reality is offensive.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Obama is just doing what ANY Chicago politician does.

    In Chicago, EVERYTHING is about race, ALL the time.

    The average Chicagoan will let you steal his last nickel if he thinks you'll use four cents of it to hurt somebody of a different race, ethnicity or religion. And that is completely across the board without regard to race, religion or ethnicity. Whites hate Blacks; Blacks hate Jews; Mexicans hate Puerto Ricans; mainland Italians hate Sicilians. It's all about hating "the other".

    It's the Chicago way, and Obama is up to his eyebrows in it.
    Just sing about it.

    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  12. #12
    Regular Member Gil223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Weber County Utah
    Posts
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by HP995 View Post
    So, do you feel led to blame victims and messengers first, before really looking at the perps? I'm really surprised to find that attitude here.
    I don't recall any such "attitude" of blame being put forward, but feel free to twist my statements in any direction that's suits your concept of truth. I simply posed a question based upon my personal observation that WND does this with such frequency (i.e. - almost daily, and recycling the same instances repeatedly in a slightly different arrangement) that most thinking people would have some questions regarding their intent.
    Quote Originally Posted by HP995 View Post
    That's what is happening to many people, and that's why this news is showing up at WND and in local news. Sometimes reality is offensive.
    I never claimed to be "offended" by WND - or anything posted in this thread. I have no doubt that these attacks are being perpetrated upon a number of people. However, when dealing with a population of 307M, "many" (to me) would indicate a significant number of victims - say .5% (1,350,000), which I don't think is realistic. Even .05% would create 153,500 victims of "black mob"and "knockout game" combined! Realistically, however, ONE victim is significant when that victim is you, a family member or a friend.

    I have followed WND for many years, but I DO NOT consider everything they print as gospel (other than perhaps the "Gospel According to Joseph Farah") - nor do I consider everything they print to carry a noxious odor. I happen to have an excellent BS Meter, but I generally don't make snap judgments. Conservatives, liberals, Socialists, Communists, independents, etc. all have their own agendas, each of which consistently conflict with the others. I have no agenda. I'm not trying to "sell" anything inside this forum, nor am I trying to invalidate your OP. We are all entitled (today, anyway) to our own opinions and beliefs, and forums such as this one allows us an opportunity to express those opinions and beliefs. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

  13. #13
    Regular Member HP995's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    MO, USA
    Posts
    289
    To answer your question about agenda, WND is pushing this daily for two reasons. First, it's almost a "scoop" - if people see it on WND but not other places, they will trust WND for other news, and WND grows and benefits as a media business. (Almost, because it is reported in local and social media too - but local media leave out the racial aspect.)

    The flip side is Farah must believe people should know this, for their own safety and as a society; it's newsworthy, and no doubt reporting something important that the mainstream tried to hush up because of their agenda is one of the things that makes him tick. You can get a feel for that, if you've read some of his columns over the years and if you've ever corresponded with him.

    I'm glad you don't trust WND or other sources blindly. I agree that everyone has an agenda. (I would encourage you to consider whether you're really the one person out there who doesn't?) In this case, IMO, I'd rather know both that it's happening and why it's happening; otherwise it's harder to avoid it. So I'm glad WND is pushing it.

    But to assume that WND's motivation in this case is to actually support racial tension - that should trigger your BS meter too. Look at the facts we have. The attacks came first, before the reporting, and the trend of attacks before the trend of reporting. Many attacks included "this is for Trayvon." Some attacks indicated a desire for fame in their culture and video sharing (not WND or mainstream). The KO game is a game invented by kids in that culture too; give credit where it's due. Finally, I don't think Farah is prejudiced about races; look at issues he's covered in the past. There is some racism showing up in the comments though.

    So, fair question, but I don't think it can stand scrutiny. Meanwhile, notice I didn't post any links to WND and encouraged people to read it wherever they like? That's because my agenda was not to promote WND or make this about WND. I just wanted to warn people not to get taken by surprise by these attacks. So, feel free to add up the facts and come up with your own conclusion!

    BTW, one more surprise element I forgot to include: sometimes the attacker is female! Usually in a mixed group. That policeman with the broken skull - I think it was a female that hit him with a bat! And of course, sometimes the attackers are just kids, but they rely on surprise and strength of numbers. Those elements can really put people off their guard.

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    When was the last time you wasted any breath focusing on the motivations of someone who robs a liquor store?

    The motivations of your attacker (or potential motivations of potential attackers) have essentially nothing to do with self-defense.

  15. #15
    Regular Member HP995's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    MO, USA
    Posts
    289
    No, I think the waste of breath would be answering a quick half-thought-out statement. But here goes.

    Let's say there's a group of people nationwide who hate people with big hats, and they also hate liquor. They also feel that their community was deeply wronged by people with big hats and liquor, and that the time has finally come for payback. They also have signature methods to carry out the attacks, with some consistent patterns and some variations. And lets say not much other crime happens in your area.

    Now, if you consider motivation, you'll know that you need to be especially careful because you fit the target profile, so you raise your overall security. Since you know who is your most likely threat, and you've read about their patterns, you can also use the known methods of that group to evaluate your setup and avoid some risks that you never considered before. Since it's a hate attack, not commercial motivation, that tells you behaviors to expect before and during an attack, what logic they will follow, and how committed they will be. Of course, you are also on the lookout for something unexpected, but the more you know, the better.

    Or, you can feel secure knowing that you're always ready for anything and everything - and you've already considered all the possible angles of attack and all possible risks - without keeping up with new developments or looking at trends that are likely to affect you. Yep!

    I hope it's obvious to you how this imaginary big-hat example relates to the real crime trend where people are motivated by racial hatred and the signature method is to strike without warning or to "go wild" in a mob. This helps evaluate what situations are dangerous and how to guard against an attack of this nature, which is different from previous crime trends.

  16. #16
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    I see your point, but I've always been wary of groups (of any makeup), boisterous youth, and for that matter anybody who exudes thug "culture". So I can't say I'm going to suddenly become more wary of them.

    Also, while I can accept that this may be your motivation in discussing this, I have different thoughts entirely about WND's motivations in doing so.

  17. #17
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    (Editorís note: Colin Flaherty has done more reporting than any other journalist on what appears to be a nationwide trend of skyrocketing black-on-white crime, violence and abuse. WND features these reports to counterbalance the virtual blackout by the rest of the media due to their concerns that reporting such incidents would be inflammatory or even racist. WND considers it racist not to report racial abuse solely because of the skin color of the perpetrators or victims.)

    http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/race-base...eets-the-moms/
    Well.....there ya go, the reason [answer] reveals itself.

  18. #18
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Well.....there ya go, the reason [answer] reveals itself.
    I hope you don't expect me to take that at face value.

    Not coming from WND.

  19. #19
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    WND.....if they posted more UFO stories their credibility would be on the rise.

  20. #20
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    WND.....if they posted more UFO stories their credibility would be on the rise.
    First, best laugh of the day. Thanks, friend.

  21. #21
    Regular Member jhfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    WND.....if they posted more UFO stories their credibility would be on the rise.
    And more Sasquatch would help. More Sasquatch always helps.

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Silly, silly people. There is no such thing as Sasquatch. It is amazing what people will believe.

    All Sasquatch sightings are actually Yeti, vacationing in warmer climes and, therefore, getting a little more color. Really, folks, you need to ground yourselves in reality!

  23. #23
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    There is a Sasquatch, he's doing beef jerky commercials.

  24. #24
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Making some words as links to another site implies that I endorse those sites. Despicable.

  25. #25
    Regular Member Kopis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    727
    My girlfriend and i were confronted by a group of about 6 youth a few years ago in downtown memphis, they started by whistling at her (heels and miniskirt) then asking if she wanted to have s*x with them, then after we told them to leave us alone it progressed to threats as we continued to walk and try to get to a more visible place on the street. I simply pulled my jacket back and said "not today boys" and they parted like the red sea for moses and let us pass. We got a few more jeers once we got farther away.

    But on the recent rise in these kind of events, we've had several in the past few months in memphis. One guy was jogging was beat and left for dead. He was told it was "for treyvon".
    http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/22...to-beat-him-up

    another guy was walking to his car on main street in downtown memphis and was shot in the back 20' from his car.
    http://www.localmemphis.com/news/loc..._IxMTHmjA.cspx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •