Thread: Piece of trash supposedly ahead in gov race

Piece of trash supposedly ahead in gov race

http://washingtonexaminer.com/mcauli...rticle/2534902

I was in northern Virginia the last week. OCing with no problem, and saw lots of "don't tread on me" plates, which was nice. Kind of ironic considering without a tag the state will take away your travel "privileges" (it's actually a right for those who don't know). The amount of boots on the ground the state has in the northern region is also alarming, seems to get worse every time I come up, police literally swarming everywhere eating out our substance. Still, it would be disheartening if such a grand POS became governor of such a nice state. Nova and its government workers/voters will bring a really nice state to it knees.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Angry

Most people, even those as liberty-minded as the denizens of this forum, are still not prepared to take the step necessary to truly guarantee our freedom.

They prefer relative peace of slavery to the genuine uncertainty of liberty. While it is ultimately their loss, the minority who does not consent to being governed still is by the defacto powers that be.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post
    Most people, even those as liberty-minded as the denizens of this forum, are still not prepared to take the step necessary to truly guarantee our freedom.

They prefer relative peace of slavery to the genuine uncertainty of liberty. While it is ultimately their loss, the minority who does not consent to being governed still is by the defacto powers that be.
    I'm not sure why you'd say "Most" Wylde.

It depends on what steps you're talking about. One person spouting cliche's from our founding fathers is a nut, a dozen people spouting those cliches and waving rifles are potential criminals, a hundred people is a mob and a thousand.....Now you have the makings of a moment.

I haven't seen that thousand yet.

Until then it's just do the best we can.
    Last edited by peter nap; 08-30-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post

I was in northern Virginia the last week. OCing with no problem, and saw lots of "don't tread on me" plates, which was nice. Kind of ironic considering without a tag the state will take away your travel "privileges" (it's actually a right for those who don't know). The amount of boots on the ground the state has in the northern region is also alarming, seems to get worse every time I come up, police literally swarming everywhere eating out our substance. Still, it would be disheartening if such a grand POS became governor of such a nice state. Nova and its government workers/voters will bring a really nice state to it knees.
    It's not only the governor's race. One of the AG candidates is especially anti-RKBA.
    Last edited by Forty-five; 08-30-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forty-five View Post
    It's not only the governor's race. One of the AG candidates is especially anti-RKBA.
    Yep...and the other one is anti Sunday hunting which is costing him voy=tes and the author of the voter ID bill which is costing him more.

This is going to be very, VERY, close.

Hope he doesn't win

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Yep...and the other one is anti Sunday hunting which is costing him voy=tes and the author of the voter ID bill which is costing him more.

I don't generally identify myself as belonging to any party (as I usually vote for any candidate that is proLiberty) but if he wins, I don't see any good to come of it: standard capacity magazine ban, "assault weapons" ban, one gun a month rule, and other ridiculous ideas.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-not-the-Issue

Arrow

I think the point was that it takes a lot of nuts to create a movement. But most people are too scared of being referred to as a nut to be one so that those thousands will ever exist. And that is the point of referring to the pioneers of the liberty movement as nuts and link nuts to terrorists. It prevents the majority from stepping over from a defensive stance where at best you hold existing ground to an offensive non violent stance where ground is actually gained.

The people who control the narratives count on people being more concerned about what others think of them than of what they claim to be about. The mainstream can have tea party after tea party talking big talk. It doesn't and will not accomplish a thing without civilly and peacefully dismissing their tyrannical "law"

But they won't. Cuz that's just nutty. It's easier on ones lifestyle and image to be on the side of engineered mainstream. Until we get over our fear of being "nuts" we will at best slowly hold existing ground. Nothing more. And there is a fat chance of that. But we surely will be proud of being "patriots". We sure tried!!!!

Mhmmmmm

Unfortunately Cooch is making the same exact mistakes. Politically. And he will lose because of it. Playing it safe, playing defense, throwing mud....it's a losing recipe.
    Last edited by richarcm; 08-31-2013 at 12:57 PM.

Maybe, but I cannot recall the (D) AG candidate voting pro-RKBA on any OC or CC issues.

Maybe, but I cannot recall the (D) AG candidate voting pro-RKBA on any OC or CC issues.
    Nope, and you won't.....but Mark isn't all that popular either. Gonna be close.

Just a reminder

Just a reminder that whoever we choose as our next Governor, we will have that person for 6 years. A lot can happen in six years especially when you have an anti-2A in the executive mansion.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." Thomas Jefferson (quoting Cesare Beccaria)

Quote Originally Posted by sparkman2 View Post
    Just a reminder that whoever we choose as our next Governor, we will have that person for 6 years. A lot can happen in six years especially when you have an anti-2A in the executive mansion.

6 years?

6 years?
    Obama term maybe

But yes, the point is well taken. This not the year for petty issue voting.
    Last edited by peter nap; 09-01-2013 at 11:30 AM.

6 years?
    Obama term maybe

But yes, the point is well taken. This not the year for petty issue voting.
    MY BAD!! I meant 4 years. Sorry for the bad info. Just got off of work and had NO coffee yet. Is guess I was trying to point out that we could actually deal with the repercussions of this election far into the next term of the next governor if TM is elected. I believe the OP summed it up.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." Thomas Jefferson (quoting Cesare Beccaria)

Quote Originally Posted by richarcm View Post
    I think the point was that it takes a lot of nuts to create a movement. But most people are too scared of being referred to as a nut to be one so that those thousands will ever exist. And that is the point of referring to the pioneers of the liberty movement as nuts and link nuts to terrorists. It prevents the majority from stepping over from a defensive stance where at best you hold existing ground to an offensive non violent stance where ground is actually gained.

The people who control the narratives count on people being more concerned about what others think of them than of what they claim to be about. The mainstream can have tea party after tea party talking big talk. It doesn't and will not accomplish a thing without civilly and peacefully dismissing their tyrannical "law"

But they won't. Cuz that's just nutty. It's easier on ones lifestyle and image to be on the side of engineered mainstream. Until we get over our fear of being "nuts" we will at best slowly hold existing ground. Nothing more. And there is a fat chance of that. But we surely will be proud of being "patriots". We sure tried!!!!...SNIP
    There is a reason for that, which was summed up pretty well:
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

Then there is this one:
    "Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Just because we on this forum are rational-minded individuals that can see the cycle of governance throughout history does not mean the rest of the nation is willing to accept it. It is a defense mechanism they apply because they are unwilling to accept that no one is obligated to protect them, that Liberty is not the same as safety, and they have no one but themselves to blame for their failure to prepare.

*Edit: I didn't mean to imply everyone outside OCDO was unwilling to accept it, just wanted to point out that we should not expect OCDO characteristics from non-OCDO members.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 09-01-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Terry is trying to compete with Firestone

You have seen the ads, "The car company that never built a car".

He is the last thing Virginia needs in the Governor's mansion.

Kaine was bad, but this liar would be a disaster!

Sarvis!!!, Sarvis!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post

I was in northern Virginia the last week. OCing with no problem, and saw lots of "don't tread on me" plates, which was nice. .... it would be disheartening if such a grand POS became governor of such a nice state. Nova and its government workers/voters will bring a really nice state to it knees.
    +1,000,000

We need to keep both of the Negative, anti-liberty, anti gun liars from becoming the Commander in Chief of the Commonwealth.

The Pro Gun candidate is gaining.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...51495398,d.d2k

Here is what happened with the VCDL Survey:

Candidates for Statewide Office

Office .......Party ....Answered Survey ? .....How Survey was Answered .......Candidate Name
    Governor ...D ............ N ........................... ignored.... ............................Terry McAuliffe
    Governor ...L . ...........Y ........................... Very Pro-Gun .......................Robert C Sarvis
    Governor ...R .............Y ........................... So-So ..................................Ken Cuccinelli

Link: http://www.vcdl.org/Candidates_2013_General

Robert Sarvis - Open Minded and Open for Business

Live Free or Die,
    Thundar
    Last edited by Thundar; 09-03-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: spelling
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

I'll be voting for Robert Sarvis.

If the rest of the state wants to waste their votes bickering over two effectively indistinguishable candidates, that's on them.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    I'll be voting for Robert Sarvis.

If the rest of the state wants to waste their votes bickering over two effectively indistinguishable candidates, that's on them.
    As will I Marshaul.

It will be interesting to see who VCDL will endorse.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    And because I despise political partisanship, I'd almost pay to see all three parties represented by the 3 statewide offices.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein