• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nevada Firearms Coalition Screws up again

Vegassteve

Just got a email about the Rock the 2nd event at something called the Wild Fest. Come celebrate our rights it says. Well it turns out the Fest doesn't respect our rights. The link below is from the event web page. Before I looked at it I emailed them and the Rock the 2nd organizers asking if we can carry. I have not heard back from them yet, but it seems we cant carry according to the web page.

http://nevadawildfest.com/event-info/rules-faqs

Does no one ever vet these things?

The Big Guy

Just got a email about the Rock the 2nd event at something called the Wild Fest. Come celebrate our rights it says. Well it turns out the Fest doesn't respect our rights. The link below is from the event web page. Before I looked at it I emailed them and the Rock the 2nd organizers asking if we can carry. I have not heard back from them yet, but it seems we cant carry according to the web page.

http://nevadawildfest.com/event-info/rules-faqs

Does no one ever vet these things?

I wrote them as well.

The 2 things in their "rules" I cannot abide are the following:

• Weapons - No weapons of any kind, e.g., firearms, knives, blades, explosives, mace, pepper spray, or chains, will be permitted on the premises.
  • Attendees subject to a search - For the safety of all guests, event attendees are subject to search at any time.

Even if I could carry, I would not attend because of the second item. Someone puts a hand on me or mine is looking for a fight.

I would suggest that emails be written to Don Turner, Pres. of NVFAC letting him know that the association should not be sponsoring events that are held in anti Bill of Rights locations. I am.

don@nvfac.org

TBG

Last edited:

Vegassteve

Don Turners response to me was this. "We were invited." Really? Invited? So you get an invite and cant take minute to at least check the web site?

The Big Guy

Response from Turner

Tim,

I appreciate your point of view and concerns.

Sometimes we have to hold our nose for a larger goal. We don’t have the resources to put this on. We were invited, we asked to allow OC but the private property owners said no. When we get larger we can have our own celebration and do it our way, until then, sometimes we just hold our nose and move forward.

The bottom line is the more excitement we can create for shooting, the larger our field of friends and volunteers grows. We have to have exciting things to stimulate people to participate. Without that, we will be a few voices crying in the wilderness. If we want to make positive changes, we need an army.

Don

He is entitled to his opinion, and as long as he is at the helm of the NVFAC, he gets to make the call.

I don't agree.

TBG

Vegassteve

Tim,

I appreciate your point of view and concerns.

Sometimes we have to hold our nose for a larger goal. We don’t have the resources to put this on. We were invited, we asked to allow OC but the private property owners said no. When we get larger we can have our own celebration and do it our way, until then, sometimes we just hold our nose and move forward.

The bottom line is the more excitement we can create for shooting, the larger our field of friends and volunteers grows. We have to have exciting things to stimulate people to participate. Without that, we will be a few voices crying in the wilderness. If we want to make positive changes, we need an army.

Don

He is entitled to his opinion, and as long as he is at the helm of the NVFAC, he gets to make the call.

I don't agree.

TBG

He is so full of manure there isnt a shovel big enough to move it. Based on the past with them I do not for a second believe they asked for open carry, or any carry. I am tired of this when we get larger crap as well. We have shown among us here that one single voice can get things done.

My next email to him is the one where I let them know I no longer want to be a part of the group.

Vegassteve

I did get a note back from the American Liberty Coalition. He said they have no issue with carry. I then pointed out the info page from the event. His response was. Thanks for bringing that up. I will look into fixing it.

Vegassteve

Turners response. I responded with a pretty long note. In that note I told him to stop being a bully about following the law. And told him if I thought for a second the group would stand with me I would do as he suggested. He pulled the same crap on me at the meeting when I stood up. Asking if I went to the cashman show because they dont allow guns. I told him NO because they dont respect our rights.

I also let him know I wanted my name off the NVFAC books. I am done.

Response"
The Rio has private party rights and that is their rules.

We didn’t say “no” because we were the invitees and not the organizers.

When we have the resources to do our own LARGE celebration we can then make up the rules which will include OC.

Until that time, sometimes, we must suck it up, and go with the flow.

You register your OC handguns, so you have gone with the flow as well. When you OC a non-registered handgun in Clark County, then you can tell us about being 100% pure.

We have to do what we can do to preserve our freedoms while holding our noses.

Would it be better to not have this event and only respond to the anti-gunners? Or to suck it up and have a pro-second amendment LARGE celebration .

We don’t beat down bad laws by refusing to participate. We beat down bad laws by getting more and more people involved until we have numbers to make our own laws. It’s called “shaping the battlefield.”

We have been losing in Clark County for years and standing on 100% principles has not made it any better.

That’s our position, and although we’d asked they allow OC, this is the best we could do for now."

mbogo470

Turners response. Response"
The Rio has private party rights and that is their rules.

We didn’t say “no” because we were the invitees and not the organizers.

When we have the resources to do our own LARGE celebration we can then make up the rules which will include OC.

Until that time, sometimes, we must suck it up, and go with the flow.

You register your OC handguns, so you have gone with the flow as well. When you OC a non-registered handgun in Clark County, then you can tell us about being 100% pure.

We have to do what we can do to preserve our freedoms while holding our noses.

Would it be better to not have this event and only respond to the anti-gunners? Or to suck it up and have a pro-second amendment LARGE celebration .

We don’t beat down bad laws by refusing to participate. We beat down bad laws by getting more and more people involved until we have numbers to make our own laws. It’s called “shaping the battlefield.”

We have been losing in Clark County for years and standing on 100% principles has not made it any better.

That’s our position, and although we’d asked they allow OC, this is the best we could do for now."

What a foolish reply. He shares a common mind with the FoNRA rep, Mike Davis, who consistently picks venues that do not allow weapons.

He must know that given an opportunity, pro-Second Amendment folks would volunteer to put together and staff a celebration. Of course, Turner and his former lackey Irwin, want to stay close to the corridors of power (for their own benefit) and do not want to raise too much of a ruckus. Hence his "go along to get along" stance.

I carry everywhere that it is legal to do so; if the property owner states a "no weapons" policy, I will either carry concealed or skip patronizing that establishment. Except for commercial airplanes, I do not go anywhere where searches of my person are required or likely.

I quit NVFAC over their tacit support of Bob Irwin's blathering to the anti-gun media as if he represented gun-owners, and haven't looked back. NVFAC had a very small role in fighting the anti-gun bills in the last legislative session. It was the concerted efforts of the people here and at nevadshooters.com who made all the difference.

mbogo

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
They should be pushing these businesses to take down their signs or expect a civil rights lawsuit....even the threat would get some to take them down.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I have been keeping Don at NFAC informed about the NSCA lawsuit, and other things I have my fingers in. He even approached me about doing another lawsuit regarding Nevada
s Point of Contact Status.... While the NFAC is better than what we have had in the past, the fundamental problem I see is that they take no stand, and want to "people please" I believe firmly that if it is important enough to organize about, it better be important enough to toe a fine line. I do not officially belong to the NFAC but i do not want to hurt their efforts either.

"If they want to lead, they will first have to find the front."

I still stick by may statements from a couple of years ago "if your rights are important to you, do not entrust them to someone else."

The Big Guy

They should be pushing these businesses to take down their signs or expect a civil rights lawsuit....even the threat would get some to take them down.

Unfortunately the 2nd Amendment is not considered a "civil right." In fact they would simply tell you to have at it. These businesses are considered by SCOTUS to be "persons," and therefore they have "rights." Yes, you heard me correctly, corporations are people too according to the Supremes (not the 60's singing group with Diana Ross). This gives them the right to strip you of your natural or God given rights while on "their" property.

We have had this discussion on here before and there are some who strongly agree with the SCOTUS decision. I believe that there is a big difference between a wholly owned mom and pop shop and a large corporation. A publicly held corporation is not a person but a group of stock holders. These are businesses that are public accommodations. They willingly invite the public in without a direct or individual invitation and therefore they should not have the right to make you leave your rights at the door.

And so it goes...

TBG

The Big Guy

I like the idea of starting a corporation, (person in the eye of SCOTUS) and writing off the first 18 years of its life as a dependent on my taxes.... hmmm, think that will fly?

That is an interesting thought. More than just tongue in cheek babble. I will remember that for the next "discussion" on said topic... (you did make me laugh)

TBG

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I kept a promise and joined the Coalition when they fired that ass Bob Irwin. But at this point, I will not be renewing. Is that Don Turner's plan for growing?

How do you expect to grow an organization of freedom-loving people when you are more concerned about recruiting them from freedom-waiving groups of people?

The Big Guy

Who will NVFAC support?

Now that all of our prayers, here in Clark County anyway, have been answered and Gestapo Doug is tossing in the towel, who will NVFAC support for Sheriff?

I sure hope the association does every possible thing it can to help get us a good Sheriff in office. Every resource at its disposal will have to be used. In my opinion the association can make up for a lot of its lackluster performance by the effort it gives on this issue.

This is important to all of NV so I hope some of you outside the sharp end will pitch some dough this way to help when the time comes.

All of us will have to work tirelessly to help get one of the good guys in office. It will take money and time to get'r done.

TBG

Last edited:

usmcmustang

Here's a novel idea... "support" NO ONE for sheriff. Refuse to show up to vote no matter who's on the ballot. That would send a message, no? That's a tactic that should be employed for any and all "elected" politicians... sheriff included. And make no mistake, the sheriff is or becomes a POLITICIAN here in Clark County, no matter who he or she might be.

The Big Guy

Here's a novel idea... "support" NO ONE for sheriff. Refuse to show up to vote no matter who's on the ballot. That would send a message, no? That's a tactic that should be employed for any and all "elected" politicians... sheriff included. And make no mistake, the sheriff is or becomes a POLITICIAN here in Clark County, no matter who he or she might be.

I have always been and still am for having a "none of the above" on the ballet. If there is no clear winner then all candidates are tossed out and a new slate is proposed and a new election held.

One of the biggest problems we have in this country is apathy. It is why we are where we are. If we want true changes in this country it is going to happen on the local level. If I don't participate then I deserve what I get. In life you are part of the solution or part of the problem. As my grand pappy used to tell me, "all you get from sitting on the fence is splinters in your butt."

TBG

usmcmustang

I have always been and still am for having a "none of the above" on the ballet. If there is no clear winner then all candidates are tossed out and a new slate is proposed and a new election held.

One of the biggest problems we have in this country is apathy. It is why we are where we are. If we want true changes in this country it is going to happen on the local level. If I don't participate then I deserve what I get. In life you are part of the solution or part of the problem. As my grand pappy used to tell me, "all you get from sitting on the fence is splinters in your butt."

TBG

Not voting is not sitting on the fence. Problem is most believe voting is what makes "us" who we "are"... democratic and all. That's the problem. When most see that voting simply empowers those who have "authority" over us, then not voting will make a difference. The "will" of the people will take a form that is definitely not "sitting on the fence."