Thread: DUI Checkpoints

DUI Checkpoints

I'll be at the Boulder Highway/Flamingo checkpoint around 7:30 to 9. I don't have a smart phone to keep contact so if anyone cares to join just look for me out there. I'll be wearing an orange reflective vest, RIA 1911 and waving a neon sign of course.

http://www.mynews3.com/content/news/...z559L8WBQ.cspx

Quote Originally Posted by franco0341 View Post
    I'll be at the Boulder Highway/Flamingo checkpoint around 7:30 to 9. I don't have a smart phone to keep contact so if anyone cares to join just look for me out there. I'll be wearing an orange reflective vest, RIA 1911 and waving a neon sign of course.

http://www.mynews3.com/content/news/...z559L8WBQ.cspx
    There will be one starting around 3 pm today at Eastern and St. Rose in Henderson, or so the radio said this morning.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

After-Action Report

At Flamingo/Boulder hwy...They were late in setting up their search/seizure funnel, kicked off close to 8 pm. I was there until 9:05. They left a U Turn lane open, however, they were pulling over drivers for not using their blinkers on the U Turn. I of course used the U Turn and my blinker, no LEO contact.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    What will your sign say? If was going to be out there, depending on what mood I was in, I'd either have a sign that said "Warning - police state ahead" to ridicule them, or I'd have a sign that said "don't waive your rights, use the u-turn!" to encourage people to go a different way instead of waiving their rights.

I watched an episode of, I think Dog the Bounty Hunter, where they "helped" (??) at a "fake" DUI checkpoint. As you pointed out, even though the turn around "opportunity" is supposed to be their "escape" from being in violation of people's right against unwarranted searches/seizures (right?) they often end up using that, too, against the people and try to target those who do turn around as opposed to going through the checkpoint. This tactic was highlighted, praised really, in the Dog the Bounty Hunter episode, where they actually didn't even have a DUI checkpoint at all, just a sign that said DUI checkpoint ahead. They staked out near the sign, and watched and waited for people to turn off right after seeing the sign.

Banned
    Tis the season !

DUI Checkpoints

You'll want to be careful using U-turns at checkpoints... I did it once, and was pulled over on grounds of RAS for being drunk. Some LEOs have been known for blocking alternate routes as well, forcing you into the checkpoint.
    IT is better to have a gun on you and NOT need it, than to need a gun and NOT have it on you...

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by DooFster View Post
    You'll want to be careful using U-turns at checkpoints... I did it once, and was pulled over on grounds of RAS for being drunk. Some LEOs have been known for blocking alternate routes as well, forcing you into the checkpoint.
    Sample testimony of officer in court:

"Yes, the driver VOLUNTARILY entered the DUI checkpoint because he didn't have a choice as we were blocking ALL AVENUES OF ESCAPE!"

Or, "The driver attempted to elude and escape from the DUI checkpoint because he made a lawful u-turn so that gave us RAS for POSSIBLE DUI!"

Please note that the above two FABRICATED quotes are absolutely dripping with SARCASM!

I don't really care that the courts have ruled that these police actions are Constitutional on the basis of "minimal interruption" as a WARRANT LESS stop without ANY RAS IS A VIOLATION OF MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Usually, northern Nevada LE agencies set up roadblocks for southbound Pyramid Hwy. traffic on Labor Day weekends, to seize Burning Man participants and Pyramid lake boaters along with many other travelers. Not this year. No roadblock for you!

I regularly search YouTube for "DUI checkpoint" to protect my I.P. and quash any pirated re-uploads of my videos. I've noticed a marked increase in videos of drivers asserting their rights and refusing to answer questions. Not to mention roadside protesters such as the OP.
    Last edited by Yard Sale; 09-03-2013 at 02:14 PM.