Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meet and Greet to Disarm

Meet and Greet to Disarm

just got this notice from GRNC. if they think i am going to a event where i can't self defend my self, they are ought of their mind! and charge me 30$ to do it

They can just bite me

This event will be held rain or shine!

37 PSR, North Carolina’s premier shooting range and gun club

37 PSR, commonly known as Range 37 Gun Club, is North Carolina’s premier shooting range. Situated in the rolling hills of central North Carolina with a wide assortment of tactical shooting bays, covered lanes and many other training and shooting opportunities, 37 PSR sets the standard in every conceivable fashion. 37 PSR is a full service, low restriction shooting range designed to meet all of the needs of you and your family with an emphasis on safety and professional training.

As you enter the facility, please ensure that all weapons are unloaded and cleared. There is a clearing barrel just outside of the front door. Please use only the front door to enter. Once inside, simply let the staff know that you are here for the GRNC event and you will be directed to our area of the range once you have filled out the required waiver and have paid the event fees. The discounted event fee is $30 per person over the age of 16 years old. If you plan on bringing any fully-automatic weapons, remember to bring any required documents and have them on hand with you to avoid any issues. Handgun and long rifle rentals are available at the range, as well.

http://paracom.paramountcommunicatio...4&ei=ssE1Y_6Nh
    Last edited by papa bear; 08-30-2013 at 08:28 PM.
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Nope, I'm not going to support GRNC if I must disarm to do so. That just ain't going to happen.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4
    Quote Originally Posted by P.J. O'Rourke; The Liberty Manifesto
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.

This is not the only forum that papa bear is posting this. This is not his first instance of knowledge of the range rules.
    The rule is in place because the range has experienced THREE negligent/accidental discharges. With the number of people that go through the office and congregate in the public, non-shooting areas, the possibility of injury from ND/AD is unacceptably high. You are not asked to disarm, merely to clear the firearms before entering the office.

Members of the public have different levels of experience, and different mindsets. Recognizing that firearm safety should be a constant focus still does not keep someone from making a mistake. Even when members of this particular range are there during members only time, the simple rule of having firearms cleared when off the firing line is observed.

This is a common requirement of commercial ranges. Loaded firearms are allowed only on the firing line. If you want to do differently at your own place, that's up to you.

Why do you not have to clear your firearm when entering any other business? What other business would allow you to casually unholster/uncase a firearm as social interaction such as "Whatcha got? Wanna see mine?".

If you don't wish to attend because of either the rules or the cost, that is again up to you.
    Last edited by bc.cruiser; 09-01-2013 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bc.cruiser View Post
    This is not the only forum that PB is posting this. This is not his first instance of knowledge of the range rules.
    The rule is in place because the range has experienced THREE negligent/accidental discharges. With the number of people that go through the office and congregate in the public, non-shooting areas, the possibility of injury from ND/AD is unacceptably high. You are not asked to disarm, merely to clear the firearms before entering the office.

Members of the public have different levels of experience, and different mindsets. Recognizing that firearm safety should be a constant focus still does not keep someone from making a mistake. Even when members of this particular range are there during members only time, the simple rule of having firearms cleared when off the firing line is observed.

This is a common requirement of commercial ranges. Loaded firearms are allowed only on the firing line. If you want to do differently at your own place, that's up to you.

Why do you not have to clear your firearm when entering any other business? What other business would allow you to casually unholster/uncase a firearm as social interaction such as "Whatcha got? Wanna see mine?".

If you don't wish to attend because of either the rules or the cost, that is again up to you.
    +1

Lmfao!
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 08-31-2013 at 03:41 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

never heard of the range but a review of the 37 psr website it appears to be a para military type shooting range that is trying to make ends meet by charging huge amounts of $$$ for memberships ?

looking at their website, i do not see what 'training standard' they are using for the basis of their training? oh wait, found their standard... they are training to a quote world class training unquote

quote: Our professional staff and firearms instructors are all certified and have many years of experience in either the US Special Forces or US Special Operations Command unquote quote:Our Instructors come from the US Army Special Forces and The US Special Operations Command. unquote.

good advertising for 37PSR as they are getting statewide publicity from GRNC by holding a meeting there with unarmed participants...nice.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 08-31-2013 at 10:17 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    never heard of the range but a review of the 37 psr website it appears to be a para military type shooting range that is trying to make ends meet by charging huge amounts of $$$ for memberships ?ipse
    Here's the money reason I'm a member: Military/LEO etc. pays $350 per year. At the public rate of $15/hr, I only need to visit once a month to make it pay since I stay at least 2.5 hrs each time; that extra 1/2 hr makes up the differential that fuel costs me over going to a closer indoor range. As a member I also get access to the 400 yd range and the training bays without further cost. I also get free transfers on firearms I have delivered there (that's a $20 savings each time; at least 3 this summer). The biggest bonus is that I can go anytime I want, day or night. Out side of the public hours, those of us there are our own ROs. I can bring guests and pay a 1-hr fee.
    An indoor range I use is non-airconditioned and unheated. It is also poorly lighted. It closes about an hour after my work day ends, so weekends are about the only time I could go (along with everyone else) and it costs about $13/hr. Their only advantage over PSR37 is that you can adjust the target distance anytime you wish (up to 25 yds) since they are on cable. No waiting for everyone else to take a break.

This is not meant to defend any policy or practice of PSR37; they're grownups and can do it themselves. As far as your comment about it being "para-military", perhaps you should visit.

So if apparently some of the members do not know how to safely handle a firearm, then why would you allow them on the range with a loaded weapon?

This is not the only forum that PB is posting this. This is not his first instance of knowledge of the range rules.

since i have never had a ND. i have not had any problems with carry, i don't touch my gun unless i need it. if you want want to go somewhere that want to disarm you then call it what it is an ANTI gun event! by a so called pro gun group doing this then they don't want anyone to carry.
    if you want to go to an anti gun event be my guest. just like the laws that were made against carry it is just wrong. i tell anyone that wants to disarm me "bite me"

BTW what does PB mean?

Quote Originally Posted by DenverGP View Post
    So if apparently some of the members do not know how to safely handle a firearm, then why would you allow them on the range with a loaded weapon?
    if you can't trust someone to carry, then you can't trust anyone to carry anywhere. so put your guns in a safe at home or better yet do like they do in England and leave you firearms at the GUN CLUB. so they can control it
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

BTW what does PB mean?
    Endless possibilities..

papa bear.....peanut butter....public bath.....purple balloon....pitch ball....

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    BTW what does PB mean?
    You're right. I broke my own long-standing rule of giving a person the respect of their name, no matter what else I may think of them. Note that I edited my post to remove the abbreviation.
    Last edited by bc.cruiser; 09-02-2013 at 11:05 AM.

You're right. I broke my own long-standing rule of giving a person the respect of their name, not matter what else I may think of them. Note that I edited my post to remove the abbreviation.
    Oh it was no problem BC., i just wasn't sure what it meant. i thought it might of meant something else.

i was told on the forum NC gun owners to shut up about one of their sponsers

i will say it again. if i can't defend myself on on your property then you don't want my money

- unknown

Quote Originally Posted by DenverGP View Post
    Apparently you don't have a clue as to the specifics, but commented anyway.

But, two of the negligent discharges happened as new gun owners were entering the facility as part of a ladies-only familiarization class. None of the people involved were members of the range. They were new shooters who were their for the first time. The range did not have this policy at the time. These two NDs happened within a minute of each other.

The third incident happened at a different time/ day and was not related. It was a person who was showing someone else his gun and he fired it unintentionally. Luckily no one was hurt in either incident.

The policy was implemented due to real events, not some fantasy of disarming people to violate their rights or any other silly ****. It wasn't the members that caused it, but the range is open to the general public during weekends and with that, a wide range of people who's spectrum of knowledge, responsibility and competency varies greatly. The three people that caused the incidents were all first-time visitors to the range.

Personally, and knowing the facts of the events, I can't fault them for making that decision. It's often slam packed with people inside and the counter person simply cannot watch everyone and conduct business accurately. Things happen. Creating that policy was a result of certain things happening and not a matter of "trust" in their membership.

Oh it was no problem BC., i just wasn't sure what it meant. i thought it might of meant something else.

i was told on the forum NC gun owners to shut up about one of their sponsers

i will say it again. if i can't defend myself on on your property then you don't want my money
    I normally don't reference other forums here due to respect for each one's individual rules, etc, but this charge I have bolded is rather cowardly and complete ********. You were not told to shut up about one of their sponsors. You were asked to not post it again due to the divisive nature of it. It had nothing to do with sponsorship as it would have happened no matter which range in the state had this policy- which to my knowledge, IS every commercial range in this state. I could be wrong though. If someone knows of a range that does not have this policy, please let me know so I can adjust my position.

When attempting to garner sympathy for a cause, it helps to stick with facts. That way when people *do* see the actual facts, they won't turn on you for being dishonest. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post
    I normally don't reference other forums here due to respect for each one's individual rules, etc, but this charge I have bolded is rather cowardly and complete ********. You were not told to shut up about one of their sponsors. You were asked to not post it again due to the divisive nature of it. It had nothing to do with sponsorship as it would have happened no matter which range in the state had this policy- which to my knowledge, IS every commercial range in this state. I could be wrong though. If someone knows of a range that does not have this policy, please let me know so I can adjust my position.

When attempting to garner sympathy for a cause, it helps to stick with facts. That way when people *do* see the actual facts, they won't turn on you for being dishonest. Just sayin'.
    I don't unload going into Shooters Express in Belmont, talked to them about it one day after a bad experience at Point Blank in Mooresville. Basically if you aren't going to handle your gun, you are fine. If you need to handle it for service or for holster fit, then unload which makes sense.
    Point Blank in Mooresville doesn't make you unload either as long as you keep the gun concealed.

Now both of those bits are for walking into the store, as for the actual range, I don't adjust anything there either.

Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing anything like that at the Mecklenburg Wildlife Club either, never cleared my weapon entering that facility, which is mainly outdoors.
    Last edited by REDFIVE48; 09-03-2013 at 09:23 AM.

fact was **** i was told **** to shut up about one of the sponsers of that site. even when i tried to **** find out what the censorship was about. nothing devisive about what i posted ***, i just said it was wrong for them to dis arm someone **** at pro gun event. **** i said i was ***** not going to do it.

i was called an A$$ and told to shut up. looks like you have the same foul mouth too. i do have the messages saved

i actually do know dozens of ranges in a 100 mile range that allows for defensive carry. they do trust people. i know of even one range that had this anti gun policy. and change it when i spoke up about it.

i think it is a very stupid thing for a so called "pro-gun group" that is "supposed" to be for gun rights to have an anti defense event. i actually mentioned this to another group that is 10 years ahead of NC, and they all thought it was ridicules too

but agian if you don't want me to carry on your property then you don't want my money

- unknown

hey just to add too. if you want to go to a business that does not respect your rights to carry, and give them your money. more power to you.

i think you could you could get lots of sheeple to agree with you

- unknown

Ha Ha just found out i was banned from the other forum

i guess you can't point out something wrong

of course it might be pointing out the moderate calling me an A$$, actually make him one

was that you rotorhead?

- unknown

papa bear - don't worry about thin-skinned, power-tripping, keyboard commandos on other sites. You're the cream of the crop, as far as I'm concerned.

Despite my long-standing support of GRNC, I will refuse to attend an event where I'm expected to disarm. The policy at my local range is that a defensive side arm stays in the holster until you get to the firing line. Once at the firing line, unload the SD ammo and reload with target/plinking ammo. Once target shooting is over, reload the side arm and reholster.

What's the big f'ing deal with something as simple as that?
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.

Not that I want to get in the middle of this, but Pro Shots indoor range and shop just north of Winston Salem does not require customers to unload or disarm before coming in. I have been there armed (OC) and had no issues, even asked if they required me to unload before going into the range and the answer was no.

Quote Originally Posted by jag06 View Post
    Not that I want to get in the middle of this, but Pro Shots indoor range and shop just north of Winston Salem does not require customers to unload or disarm before coming in. I have been there armed (OC) and had no issues, even asked if they required me to unload before going into the range and the answer was no.
    JAG, that was one of the places that changed their policy when it was pointed out to them. i have been there to thank them. the most dangerous thing is an unloaded gun.

Thanks G22, it is funny that they did that when i had several letters from people on the site that said i was a good guy

- unknown

Ha Ha just found out i was banned from the other forum

i guess you can't point out something wrong

of course it might be pointing out the moderate calling me an A$$, actually make him one

was that you rotorhead?
    No, that was not me.

Quote Originally Posted by G22shooter View Post
    papa bear - don't worry about thin-skinned, power-tripping, keyboard commandos on other sites. You're the cream of the crop, as far as I'm concerned.

Despite my long-standing support of GRNC, I will refuse to attend an event where I'm expected to disarm. The policy at my local range is that a defensive side arm stays in the holster until you get to the firing line. Once at the firing line, unload the SD ammo and reload with target/plinking ammo. Once target shooting is over, reload the side arm and reholster.

What's the big f'ing deal with something as simple as that?
    There's no big deal about it, really- unless people mess up and cause a few negligent discharges over the years. Then I would guess that the range might adjust their policies in an effort to avoid a future one.

Apparently I was mistaken and there are a few ranges in the state that do not have the same policy. I truly hope that an accident doesn't occur. Best of luck to all. There's a little bit of confusion over the policy. One camp feels that the policy is there to "disarm" people as some sort of intentional affront to their rights. Others feel that it's a minor temporary inconvenience that was put in place based on past actual events.

Personally I understand why they made that rule. There's just too many people out there and you can't be sure of everyone's competency and level of awareness. Obviously, they've had issues in the past and created a rule there to help deal with it. I can say it wasn't done in the spirit of restricting rights, it was done due to past incidents. Not everyone is as competent as they should be, especially some people who have never handled guns before and are making their first trip to a range in their lives.

Meh, it's no biggie to me, really. Just don't be fooled into thinking this is some kind of restriction to people's rights. The rule wasn't created for that. Until they had those three incidents, the rule was not in place.

I don't think it was done intentionally and I don't look at it as some sort of tinfoil hat conspiracy. I just think the irony of making people disarm for a GRNC event is overwhelming.

Last edited by G22shooter; 09-07-2013 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G22shooter View Post
    I don't think it was done intentionally and I don't look at it as some sort of tinfoil hat conspiracy. I just think the irony of making people disarm for a GRNC event is overwhelming.

Yeah that would be a cool theory if it was just for a GRNC event. But in reality, it's the rule there any day of the week for any event, or visit, or shooting session, or anything else for that matter.

Although I'm sure there will be a few that will link it to GRNC only just for the yucks. It's to be expected

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast