• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My New OC Gun :)

NMadole

I decided to take the plunge and get a new OC pistol ...
P226-Extreme-L-Detail.jpg
P226-Extreme-Bty-dwn-Detail.jpg

Sig P226 Extreme 40S&W

Last edited:

Tackett

Yep I got a new one recently too, it was.... another G17. But this one has a green frame. What can I say, I like magazine compatibility.

I wants me an fnp-40

Reason for 40 and not 45 is I have over 1000 rounds of .40 and no .45

I hate having a million different caliber guns.

FreeInAZ

Yep I got a new one recently too, it was.... another G17. But this one has a green frame. What can I say, I like magazine compatibility.

A fine choice. I know a character that went by the handle of glock9mmoldstyle. He carried/carries multiple glocks & a folding sub2000 9mm carbine. Concealed/discreet carry = G26's small with lots of firepower - with a simple mag add-on +3 = 13+1. G17 with plus 2 mag add-ons gives you 19+1 and you can find 33 rounders that work in all 9mm glock pistols / and their carbines. Choice is good, and Glock gives you lots of options. They are the LEGO's of the pistol world. :cool:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
A fine choice. I know a character that went by the handle of glock9mmoldstyle. He carried/carries multiple glocks & a folding sub2000 9mm carbine. Concealed/discreet carry = G26's small with lots of firepower - with a simple mag add-on +3 = 13+1. G17 with plus 2 mag add-ons gives you 19+1 and you can find 33 rounders that work in all 9mm glock pistols / and their carbines. Choice is good, and Glock gives you lots of options. They are the LEGO's of the pistol world. :cool:

I think that glock9mmoldstyle guy is a mythical beast...like unicorns and the Easter Bunny.
I agree on the versatility of Glock. It's been my choice for quite a while but I have switched to my P64 for OC at work; a bit more discrete than my G23.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

I think that glock9mmoldstyle guy is a mythical beast...like unicorns and the Easter Bunny.
I agree on the versatility of Glock. It's been my choice for quite a while but I have switched to my P64 for OC at work; a bit more discrete than my G23.

Funny - I went the other way and picked up a G21-C just before they stopped making them. ;) 13+1 or with the +2 add-ons 15+1 in 45acp :cool: Oh & the compensator works great! Not only does it nearly eliminate muzzle flip, it works great for roasting marshmellows too. :p. Yeah that G9OS guy is an urban legend, like panthers roaming around in the milford, wixom area. Never happened... :rolleyes:

Evil Creamsicle

Funny - I went the other way and picked up a G21-C just before they stopped making them. ;) 13+1 or with the +2 add-ons 15+1 in 45acp :cool: Oh & the compensator works great! Not only does it nearly eliminate muzzle flip, it works great for roasting marshmellows too. :p. Yeah that G9OS guy is an urban legend, like panthers roaming around in the milford, wixom area. Never happened... :rolleyes:

One of our other members here has a G20C... 10mm is a hell of a round.

Me however, I have 3 of those 33rd 'happy sticks', and I had a custom mag carrier made so I can OC two of those mf'ers

NMadole

All of her glory

Here is an actual picture of my new P226 Extreme :) Feels great in the hand, but it is heavy as a boat anchor :)
No Hating on the Serpa! lol

sig-226_zps05304dbd.jpg

Last edited:

xmanhockey7

Here is an actual picture of my new P226 Extreme :) Feels great in the hand, but it is heavy as a boat anchor :)
No Hating on the Serpa! lol

The only thing I could imagine hating on is selling your Glock 22. It was my first gun as well and I don't think I could ever get rid of it. [Slight sarcasm in this]

ETA: Still a great gun you're switching it out for and I like the picture.

Last edited:

NMadole

The only thing I could imagine hating on is selling your Glock 22. It was my first gun as well and I don't think I could ever get rid of it. [Slight sarcasm in this]

ETA: Still a great gun you're switching it out for and I like the picture.

My glock 22 will be missed, but I had to make a choice... Unfortunatly :( I'll have plenty more Glock down the line :)