Thread: riverfest

riverfest

Will be at Riverfest in Newport, KY. Sunday anybody else going?

Mike

What's riverfest and does it involve lots of drinking and drowning?
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

I looked it up, and other than an Intermediate school being just over 1200ft from the riverboat row, and Military Police. I'd like to attend and for the fireworks, but I can't find out if parking and fireworks attendance is free or not, cuz at the moment I'm trying to not spend that much, or as much as I can help. Lol.

I hope there is real street faire food, form vending carts, not the fast food stuff and pizza junkfood. I haven't had good street food in a while.

So, wheres a good place to park for the event? Google maps fails me, so navigating from interstate, to parking lot, then to the event is mind boggling.
    Last edited by DrakeZ07; 08-31-2013 at 02:27 AM.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    I looked it up, and other than an Intermediate school being just over 1200ft from the riverboat row, and Military Police. I'd like to attend and for the fireworks, but I can't find out if parking and fireworks attendance is free or not, cuz at the moment I'm trying to not spend that much, or as much as I can help. Lol.

I hope there is real street faire food, form vending carts, not the fast food stuff and pizza junkfood. I haven't had good street food in a while.

So, wheres a good place to park for the event? Google maps fails me, so navigating from interstate, to parking lot, then to the event is mind boggling.
    It all depends on how far you want to talk. I have never had to pay to park. There is pay parking at Newport On the Levee that would put you right in the middle of the action. Otherwise look along Monmouth or some other street from residential spots or a large parking lot. I've parked at the Kmart on Monmouth (1301 Monmouth St, Newport, KY 41071) since their lot is huge but it is a good walk. The traffic is so compact that you will spend as much time trying to get out if you park close as you would walking to your car that is parked away from the crowd.

It does not cost anything to attend the fireworks. There are all kinds of food options including street/fair food. It really is a great time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    What's riverfest and does it involve lots of drinking and drowning?
    Sounds like a Sy-Fy channel movie ..

Quote Originally Posted by willy1094 View Post
    It all depends on how far you want to talk. I have never had to pay to park. There is pay parking at Newport On the Levee that would put you right in the middle of the action. Otherwise look along Monmouth or some other street from residential spots or a large parking lot. I've parked at the Kmart on Monmouth (1301 Monmouth St, Newport, KY 41071) since their lot is huge but it is a good walk. The traffic is so compact that you will spend as much time trying to get out if you park close as you would walking to your car that is parked away from the crowd.
    Forget about Newport On the Levee unless you plan on getting there early and not leaving till late.
    I park 5 or more blocks away on side streets. There are events all afternoon. the Ohio side is leased by WEBN and no firearms inside their area. K-Mart is a real good walk but you could catch the bus from there.
    See if TANK buses know the laws on firearms.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ps1mhd View Post
    There are events all afternoon. the Ohio side is leased by WEBN and no firearms inside their area. K-Mart is a real good walk but you could catch the bus from there.
    See if TANK buses know the laws on firearms.

Mike
    I'd love to see that alleged lease agreement, but best I can tell it only exists in WEBN's/Clear Channel's mind. Some of the ground there is public, some private property. Kinda hard to rent that which is not publicly owned, and not for rent in the first place. That said, if I attended the shindig it would be in concealed carry mode, not comfortable with OC'ing in nearly constant elbow-to-elbow conditions.

By the way I used TANK's Southbank Shuttle mini bus this week, in more or less OC mode. (My shirt was only covering up half or so of my OWB holster.) Pretty sure the driver saw that and he didn't raise an eyebrow, much less say or do anything.

What, no youtube videos of you baiting cops this year. You did try real hard though!
    Last edited by ericb327; 08-03-2014 at 07:45 AM.

Dang ericb I read your post, location, etc. yesterday and didn't make the connection as to who you are until just this morning. Forgot you're on here. Duh on me.