Thread: Open Carry Shirts

Open Carry Shirts

Kind of silly IMO. Here in VA anyways. I kind of like it where states don't allow open carry. Although obviously anything that is GOOD for the movement in those areas will be seen as "dangerous" or "extreme" and could result in negative attention from law enforcement.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Agree with Richarcm. For those places that don't allow open carry, it would be interesting to see if the shirt generated any MWAG calls and, if so, how the police handled it.

Quote Originally Posted by richarcm View Post
    Kind of silly IMO. Here in VA anyways. I kind of like it where states don't allow open carry. Although obviously anything that is GOOD for the movement in those areas will be seen as "dangerous" or "extreme" and could result in negative attention from law enforcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    Agree with Richarcm. For those places that don't allow open carry, it would be interesting to see if the shirt generated any MWAG calls and, if so, how the police handled it.
    I beg your effing pardon, but why then are either of you here? Or is your syntax screwing up the meaning of richarcm's - in which case why are you effing here?

I agree that wearing one of those shirts into a currently prohibited place may be cause for more than the usual level of excitement. But then so would wearing a shirt with silkscreened pastie-covered boobs just about anywhere cause a bit more than the usual level of excitement. Once the hysteria-addled are sorted out we get down to what the minions of the law are going to do - which should be nothing.

I'll buy a ticket to any court case that comes up from wearing one of those.

stay safe,

PS - sincere apologies to Ed, whose name I expected to see.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Open Carry Shirts

I actually ordered one for my wife who hates OC and that's her way of supporting me and the OC!

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

This would be my worry about such a garment. A MWAG call goes out and the LEOs arrive on the scene. The wearer is amused and says, "Hey Officers, it's just a T-shirt ... see?" And he then begins to slap his hand over the image of the gun to demonstrate that it does not exist. "BLAM x 20". LEOs testify: "It sure looked real enough to us ... and then he went for it. It is a shame that we had to kill him, but reaching for it was just stupid, real or not."
    Last edited by USNA69; 09-01-2013 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I beg your effing pardon, but why then are either of you here? Or is your syntax screwing up the meaning of richarcm's - in which case why are you effing here?

I agree that wearing one of those shirts into a currently prohibited place may be cause for more than the usual level of excitement. But then so would wearing a shirt with silkscreened pastie-covered boobs just about anywhere cause a bit more than the usual level of excitement. Once the hysteria-addled are sorted out we get down to what the minions of the law are going to do - which should be nothing.

I'll buy a ticket to any court case that comes up from wearing one of those.

stay safe,

Well like I said, I think it would be fairly silly in open carry states. Because why not just open carry? All the "negative attention" sought with the added bonus of.....having a gun. And like I said, in states where open carry is frowned upon by the elite, I would be more interested in seeing people wear it.

That's why I'm effin' here. To maximize activism. In open carry states...silly. In every other state...good idea (assuming you believe in being a good little law abiding slave).
    Last edited by richarcm; 08-31-2013 at 07:28 PM.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    I see no redeeming value to shirts like this and wouldn't be caught dead wearing one.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Re: Open Carry Shirts

Juvenile, immature.......

I'd imagine they're quite popular in the 20-something year old crowd.

Things that portray carrying a firearm as a joke - are a joke.
    "Never belittle someone for carrying a small firearm. Commend them for carrying a firearm."
    -OpenCarry.org member MAC702

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Apology accepted.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

I dislike those shirts on many levels.

However, I'm not a liberal, so I'm not going to try to ban anyone else from wearing them.

EDIT: The shirts in the OP I don't like. Ed's are fine.
    Last edited by DrMark; 09-01-2013 at 10:42 PM.

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

The way I see it my exposed gun should say it all by its self no shirt to announce it.

In my opinion

The shirts shown on the link are as they say, "Dumb as a box of rocks." But that is just my opinion.

I like Ed's much better.

Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    The shirts shown on the link are as they say, "Dumb as a box of rocks." But that is just my opinion.

I like Ed's much better.
    I do recall receiving much praise when I last wore my Virginia Open Carry shirt at Breakfast, Peter Nap managed to de-crypt the secret message in the text.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post1931273

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aed_zps84fbd547.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	10765
    VCDL Member
    NRA Life Of Duty Member
    Field Supervisor - Admiral Security Services
    Private Investigator - STC Investigations http://www.securitytrainingconcepts.net/

"Why do men fight who were born to be brothers?"
    Gen. James Longstreet

"It is well that war is so terrible. We should grow too fond of it."
    Gen. Robert E Lee

I like Ed's "GOOD GUY" T-shirt. Black shirt with big white letters, in lieu of words denoting law enforcement participation.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    I like Ed's "GOOD GUY" T-shirt. Black shirt with big white letters, in lieu of words denoting law enforcement participation.
    Yellow on dark-blue, block letters, POLITE - one similar letter away from that other word.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Yellow on dark-blue, block letters, POLITE - one similar letter away from that other word.
    Why would you even want to be CLOSE to that other word.. the point was to make it clear we are NOT the other word. Nightmare indeed.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -