• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Shirts

richarcm

Kind of silly IMO. Here in VA anyways. I kind of like it where states don't allow open carry. Although obviously anything that is GOOD for the movement in those areas will be seen as "dangerous" or "extreme" and could result in negative attention from law enforcement.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Kind of silly IMO. Here in VA anyways. I kind of like it where states don't allow open carry. Although obviously anything that is GOOD for the movement in those areas will be seen as "dangerous" or "extreme" and could result in negative attention from law enforcement.

Agree with Richarcm. For those places that don't allow open carry, it would be interesting to see if the shirt generated any MWAG calls and, if so, how the police handled it.

I beg your effing pardon, but why then are either of you here? Or is your syntax screwing up the meaning of richarcm's - in which case why are you effing here?

I agree that wearing one of those shirts into a currently prohibited place may be cause for more than the usual level of excitement. But then so would wearing a shirt with silkscreened pastie-covered boobs just about anywhere cause a bit more than the usual level of excitement. Once the hysteria-addled are sorted out we get down to what the minions of the law are going to do - which should be nothing.

I'll buy a ticket to any court case that comes up from wearing one of those.

stay safe,

PS - sincere apologies to Ed, whose name I expected to see.

Mattimusmaximus

I actually ordered one for my wife who hates OC and that's her way of supporting me and the OC!

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

USNA69

This would be my worry about such a garment. A MWAG call goes out and the LEOs arrive on the scene. The wearer is amused and says, "Hey Officers, it's just a T-shirt ... see?" And he then begins to slap his hand over the image of the gun to demonstrate that it does not exist. "BLAM x 20". LEOs testify: "It sure looked real enough to us ... and then he went for it. It is a shame that we had to kill him, but reaching for it was just stupid, real or not."

Last edited:

richarcm

I beg your effing pardon, but why then are either of you here? Or is your syntax screwing up the meaning of richarcm's - in which case why are you effing here?

I agree that wearing one of those shirts into a currently prohibited place may be cause for more than the usual level of excitement. But then so would wearing a shirt with silkscreened pastie-covered boobs just about anywhere cause a bit more than the usual level of excitement. Once the hysteria-addled are sorted out we get down to what the minions of the law are going to do - which should be nothing.

I'll buy a ticket to any court case that comes up from wearing one of those.

stay safe,

PS - sincere apologies to Ed, whose name I expected to see.

Well like I said, I think it would be fairly silly in open carry states. Because why not just open carry? All the "negative attention" sought with the added bonus of.....having a gun. And like I said, in states where open carry is frowned upon by the elite, I would be more interested in seeing people wear it.

That's why I'm effin' here. To maximize activism. In open carry states...silly. In every other state...good idea (assuming you believe in being a good little law abiding slave).

Last edited:

LeMat

Juvenile, immature.......

I'd imagine they're quite popular in the 20-something year old crowd.

Things that portray carrying a firearm as a joke - are a joke.

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
I dislike those shirts on many levels.

However, I'm not a liberal, so I'm not going to try to ban anyone else from wearing them.

EDIT: The shirts in the OP I don't like. Ed's are fine. :)

Last edited:

CavTrooperCason

Agreed!

The shirts shown on the link are as they say, "Dumb as a box of rocks." But that is just my opinion.

I like Ed's much better.

I do recall receiving much praise when I last wore my Virginia Open Carry shirt at Breakfast, Peter Nap managed to de-crypt the secret message in the text.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?113917-Greater-Richmond-OC-Breakfast-9-30-Sat-4-27-Golden-Corral-Providence-amp-Midlo-Tpke&p=1931273&viewfull=1#post1931273

aed_zps84fbd547.jpg

user

Accomplished Advocate
I like Ed's "GOOD GUY" T-shirt. Black shirt with big white letters, in lieu of words denoting law enforcement participation.