• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Emily Gets Her Gun... But Obama Wants To Take Yours

TFred

Update

Bit of a revival for the thread, but I know some of us follow Emily's career. She recently left Fox 5 in DC, and has just announced her latest assignment.

TFred

Emily J. Miller Joins One America News Network as Senior Political Correspondent

WASHINGTON, D.C., June 1, 2016 – Emily Miller has been named Senior Political Correspondent, announced Robert Herring, Sr., CEO of One America News Network. Based in the Washington, D.C. bureau, Miller will begin this week covering the 2016 elections, Capitol Hill and the White House for the 24/7 news network’s evening newscasts.

“Emily’s extensive experience in political journalism and at the highest levels of government give us a great advantage in OAN’s news coverage. She is well known for being a fearless reporter who is determined to get to the truth. We’re proud to have her at the forefront of our political news team,” stated Robert Herring, Sr., CEO of One America News Network.

“I’m thrilled to be a part of the One America News team, which focuses on straight facts and more substantive news than the competition. I can’t wait to hit the campaign trail and cover one of the most dynamic presidential races in history,” said Miller.

Miller was most recently the chief investigative reporter for Fox 5 DC. Miller is also the author of the book “Emily Gets Her Gun” about the national political debate over gun control. Previously, she was the senior editor of the opinion pages at The Washington Times. She was also the senior editor of Human Events.

Miller served in top national political positions. She was deputy press secretary at the U.S. Department of State, working directly with Secretaries of State Colin L. Powell and Condoleezza Rice to develop communication strategies to achieve U.S. foreign policy objectives. Prior to her appointment, Miller worked on Capitol Hill as communications director to then House Majority Whip Tom DeLay (R-TX).

Miller was awarded the prestigious Clark Mollenhoff Award for Investigative Reporting from the Institute on Political Journalism in 2012. She also won the Society of Professional Journalists D.C. Excellence in Journalism Award for editorial writing in 2014. She is a cum laude graduate of Georgetown University’s School of Foreign Service. Follow her on Twitter @EmilyMiller and Facebook /EmilyMillerDC.

One America News Network offers 21 hours of live news coverage plus two nightly, political talk shows – The Daily Ledger and Tipping Point. OAN has higher ratings than many other news channels, such as Fox Business News, Bloomberg TV, BBC World News and Fusion, as measured on a leading MVPD across 65 markets and reported by third party comScore. Since its July 4, 2013 debut, One America News Network has grown its distribution to 15 million households with carriage by AT&T U-Verse TV, Verizon FiOS TV, GCI Cable, Frontier Communications, CenturyLink PRISM TV, Consolidated Communications, Duncan Cable, Buckeye CableSystems, GVTC and numerous additional video providers.

For more information, please visit www.oann.com.

HPmatt

I bet Trump would like her.

It w/b nice to see her jump on the Katie Couric sleaze as a first assignment.

CJ4wd

There is nothing wrong with revival of an old post, particularly when new information is provided. The fact that is shows just how invasive and violent the left can be just makes it more appropriate.

OC for ME

Tucker Carlson...of Washington DC...a more 2A friendly region, Virginia, is not that far from his place of employment.

What are DC cops doing...oh, wait, I forgot...DC cops...never mind...