Thread: 1st Saturday Coffee - 9/7 10am

1st Saturday Coffee - 9/7 10am

Hello everyone!

We'll be having our usual get-together next Saturday the 7th at 10am at The Den in Bothell. The address is 10415 Beardslee Blvd., Bothell, WA 98011. I hope to see a bunch of you there!

I'll be there.

Count us in. With an extra body even this time! He's a lot quieter than the other two thankfully.

Wow guys! I was just about to post a thread asking if there was an OC event near me anytime soon. According to my map Bothell is only about 30 minutes away from me. Put me down for a maybe as my schedule keeper (my girlfriend) may have somehting planned for us.

Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar
    I will be OC'ing in Gifford Pinchot National Forest this weekend, drinking, smoking good cigars and generally carrying on with a subdued group of like-minded Old Geezer HS Classmates from Yakima.........

Bebop, the Bothell group is a great little OC group to have coffee with. You should try to make it
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president

By Golly, I will be there, even if I gotta smash my way through with the Truck!
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." George Patton

Like always, ill be there in spirit.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

New member.......

Hi, new member here. I live in the Kenmore/Bothell area and would like to participate in some OC events, or maybe host one myself.

Can someone please let me know when/where the next OC event is?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by FireWalkWithMe View Post
    Hi, new member here. I live in the Kenmore/Bothell area and would like to participate in some OC events, or maybe host one myself.

Can someone please let me know when/where the next OC event is?

Thank you!
    Hello and welcome! We get together on the first Saturday of every month at the Den. I'll post a thread next week about it. Hope to see you there!

Quote Originally Posted by boosteddreams View Post
    Hello and welcome! We get together on the first Saturday of every month at the Den. I'll post a thread next week about it. Hope to see you there!
    I'll plan on being there. It'll be my first one and I'm looking forward to it. Do people normally bring sidearms or rifles or both?

A little about me: I've carried for over 30 years, had a CPL since 1981 or so (back then it was called a "Concealed Weapons License", not a Concealed Pistol License). I'm married, and I have one son who recently enlisted in the Air Force and is awaiting orders to ship out to Basic Training. Other than that, I'm fabulously handsome, witty, and a world-class liar.

I just got back from a few weeks in Cambodia, and in Cambodia only cops and the military can own or carry guns. (Of course, criminals always seem to be able to get their hands on guns.) Crime in general, however, is pretty low key, lots of petty theft but not much more. I've been there many times and always feel safe there, but I still wish I could carry.

Oddly enough the parking lot attendants (who are kind of like provisional police/security) carry AK47s. Not a joke, I can post some pics if you like.

Finally, is anyone interested in doing an OC event in Kenmore?

We only carry sidearms; most of us, myself included, don't feel a coffee shop is an appropriate place for long guns (particularly with the latest Moms Demanding Attention/Starbucks issue). Regarding a Kenmore meet, the best way to do it is to pick a date, time, and place and post a thread. Usually you'll get a number of people responding that they want to come, and about half show up.