• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pro-Gun Control Law Protest Becomes a Pro-2A Rally

eye95

But when Luczyk started her speech by telling the crowd that former President Ronald Reagan supported background checks, she was drowned out by shouts of "Germany 1933" and "Hitler."

The video puts the lie to this statement from the article. One person spoke of what happened in Germany in 1933 when Hitler took over. There weren't "shouts of 'Germany 1933' and 'Hitler.'"

As an aside, not intended to alter the direction of the thread, but we should stop talking of Hitler as a gun-banner. The gun bans were in place when Hitler took over. It is better argued that those bans allowed the Nazis to do what they did. The Nazis actually relaxed gun laws (except for Jews, commies, etc.)

Estimates from our guys put our numbers at about 100. One member here did a count and got 93 (IIRC). So the story also underplayed its key point.

It wasn't just the NRA and Buckeye Firearms. OCDO had a lot to do with getting folks out there. Did you notice the number of properly holstered handguns? I would have been there, but was scheduled to work. I think Bloomberg has my schedule and made sure I couldn't attend either Columbus rally or the one in Cincy.

I think they are afraid of being outnumbered at these things and don't firm up plans until the last minute. They also change them a lot. It seems to be having more of an effect on their supporters, who must be far less motivated to keep up with the scheduling shenanigans than those who are passionate about Liberty.

Both times in Columbus and the one time in Cincy, we have rallied better than they did. This ain't NY, Bloomberg. We ain't gonna just roll over and allow you to take our sugary drinks and guns.

77zach

As an aside, not intended to alter the direction of the thread, but we should stop talking of Hitler as a gun-banner. The gun bans were in place when Hitler took over. It is better argued that those bans allowed the Nazis to do what they did. The Nazis actually relaxed gun laws (except for Jews, commies, etc.)

I thought the Nazi's introduced new controls in addition to the "sporting purposes" language later adopted by the GCA of 1968 in the USSA. They also confiscated guns.