Thread: Bloomsburg fair - no guns & searches -- may as well not have one - PA

Banned

Bloomsburg fair - no guns & searches -- may as well not have one - PA

In previous years, you could just walk right into the fair after paying, but Barratt says this year there will be volunteers all lined up here at each of the six entrances checking strollers, large purses, and backpacks.

http://columbiacounty.wnep.com/news/...loomsburg-fair

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Holy ****.

“We’re hoping that the people aren’t going to be too upset with us. This is going to happen in the future everywhere you go,” Barratt said.
    I hope people are upset, and I hope they pay the price (loss of business) for enacting a policy such as this. Banning firearms is one thing, but subjecting every single customer to intrusive searching? Are they ******* insane?

And this is going to happen everywhere you go? WHAT? If this happens everywhere you go, there will be blood everywhere you go. I am not advocating violence, I just know that people will only take so much.

"Barratt says there has never been an incident at the fair involving a gun but this is what the Department of Homeland Security recommended ..."
    Of course they did. If we did everything that the DHS recommended, do you realize what kind of society we'd have?

"Barratt says the Berwick police department will show fair staff how to spot portable meth labs in people’s bags."
    Umm. Ok...?

"Fair officials say these safety precautions are not to take away people’s rights, they are to make the fairgrounds safer."
    Good intentions don't justify wrongdoing. Ethics don't get much more fundamental than that.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 09-01-2013 at 12:11 PM.

Banned
    where am I supposed to get my meth then !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Holy ****.

“We’re hoping that the people aren’t going to be too upset with us. This is going to happen in the future everywhere you go,” Barratt said.
    I hope people are upset, and I hope they pay the price (loss of business) for enacting a policy such as this. Banning firearms is one thing, but subjecting every single customer to intrusive searching? Are they ******* insane?

And this is going to happen everywhere you go? WHAT? If this happens everywhere you go, there will be blood everywhere you go. I am not advocating violence, I just know that people will only take so much.

"Barratt says there has never been an incident at the fair involving a gun but this is what the Department of Homeland Security recommended ..."
    Of course they did. If we did everything that the DHS recommended, do you realize what kind of society we'd have?

"Barratt says the Berwick police department will show fair staff how to spot portable meth labs in people’s bags."
    Umm. Ok...?

"Fair officials say these safety precautions are not to take away people’s rights, they are to make the fairgrounds safer."
    Good intentions don't justify wrongdoing. Ethics don't get much more fundamental than that.
    In response to the bolded section; Is that why the TSA and their intrusive, often times strip searching in public, at EVERY airport, still exists, with the only backlash by We the People being a few grumbled words? I think you put too much faith in the back bone of the People in this nation.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    I think you put too much faith in the back bone of the People in this nation.
    +1 sheep baaa baa

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    In response to the bolded section; Is that why the TSA and their intrusive, often times strip searching in public, at EVERY airport, still exists, with the only backlash by We the People being a few grumbled words? I think you put too much faith in the back bone of the People in this nation.
    Good point. I still believe a good number of people have their breaking point below having to endure bag searches "everywhere they go"

As for myself, I will not fly because of the TSA's practices. It's not a solution to the problem, but, it's what I can do for now to keep myself from being violated and jailed.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 09-01-2013 at 06:59 PM.

is this a public fair? if yes then use preemption and go to court.

if no, then start a boycott. have signs quoting the "this is the future" line and have protests outside the fair. if you cut their normal attendance in half I promise they'll fold very quickly. better yet. if no one were to enter the fair the first day citing the search as a reason the fair woulde drop the search in time for the first concerts opening night....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member