• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I no longer look like a cop OC'ing

rottman43055

For years my hair style of choice was a flat top. I also open carried for several years and so many people made the assumption I wa an officer it was unreal.

Once upon entering my daughters apt to shut off her water when a pipe burst her friend told her an officer had rushed in and shut it off and left!

For quite some time I began to only conceal carry and during that time made some personal changes inluding growing my hair long. When I recently began OC'ing again it's been a little odd that people sorta take note a little more , occaisional whisper etc. Nothing bad, just seems different.

At any rate I'm sticking with my choice to make OC more of my daily routine even though the reactions seem a little different. Though most people really don't even notice , as it should be.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Heh, heh, heh. Plenty of folks have asked whether I was a cop.

The one that hurt the most was the attractive young lady who addressed me as detective.

Ow, ow, ow.

:)

rottman43055

Yep that would hurt lol

OC has always been an effective opening for educating people about gun rights.

While the cop assumption was always sorta funny , it was sad at the same time that people where so conditioned to believe that only a cop could openly carry a gun.

I can't speak for other states because I don't travel much but open carry is making a good come back here in ohio , especially in the last couole years.

Five years ago you could expect to be harrassed in several certain cities, not quite so much now days.