Thread: Return firearms within 48 hours when cleared for self-defense shooting

Return firearms within 48 hours when cleared for self-defense shooting

Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr believes firearms should be returned within 48 hours after being cleared of a self defense shooting and is going to put pressure on legislators to enact a law that ensures firearms used in self-defense situations are returned quickly to their law-abiding owners.

Currently, there is no law in Wisconsin for the return of a firearm to law abiding citizens so, if you’re involved in a shooting, you could loose your firearm to the law enforcement agency that confiscated it, or have to file a lawsuit to get it returned.

Please join me in writing your representatives demanding a law be passed requiring law enforcement agency to return the firearm within 48 hours once a law abiding citizen is cleared of a self defense shooting.

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative...o-2747750.html

To find your state representative

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/pages/waml.aspx
    Last edited by cowboyridn; 09-01-2013 at 11:47 PM.

Consider letters written!!

Banned
    ? - do they snatch other firearms owned by the defendant other than those used in self-defense?

Founder's Club Member
    The fact a law is needed speaks volumes about the mentality of the police.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    The fact a law is needed speaks volumes about the mentality of the police.
    I would think that the police do not have control of the guns at that point ... the DA\SA does.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I would think that the police do not have control of the guns at that point ... the DA\SA does.
    I'm betting the police evidence room has it. The state attorney may have a say in the matter, but once he gets a no-true-bill or decides not to prosecute, its time to return the personal property.

I've seen way too many reports of PDs holding onto guns on spurious reasoning.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Example lawsuit to get your firearm back from LOE

Here is an example of a lawsuit of an individule trying to get his firearms back from LOE, read it over good, you'll discover its not going to be easy to get your firearm back, so, write that letter to your representitive now to enact a law requiring LOE to return your firearm(s) within 48 hours!!!!

If you want to read all the court document for this case click on the link below

http://ia701206.us.archive.org/6/ite...15.docket.html
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cowboyridn; 09-08-2013 at 11:35 PM.

Banned
    http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Firearms_Registration

Seems by the above link ... that if one possesses it, its ownership if assumed.

So, I don't think a new law would help ... you still would not have gotten the gun back ... 'cause the commies like to play games.

Letter

Quote Originally Posted by BennieH View Post
    Consider letters written!!

Thanks, I hope some of the others who viewed this write letters as well

Petition

I have created a Petition for everyone to sign you can view it at the following link:

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/ret...l&r_by=8763513

Thanks