Thread: So they're banning gun safety classes in the name of gun safety.

So they're banning gun safety classes in the name of gun safety.

So they're banning gun safety classes in the name of gun safety. And farm animal safety.

http://armsandthelaw.com/archives/20...entality_w.php

Potential pistol packers who had set their sights on a Pierce College gun-safety course this month would have been way off target.

That’s because Los Angeles community college officials had killed the National Rifle Association Basic Pistol Course with an order to ban all guns — even non-operating ones used for teaching — from college campuses. The popular extension course had been taught at the Woodland Hills campus and at Harbor College in Wilmington since 2008, with no guns ever loaded or fired at the schools.

“The one thing we wanted to prevent was Pierce College being the Wild Wild West,” said Scott Svonkin, a trustee with the Los Angeles Community College District, author of the anti-gun resolution passed this month.

“By preventing guns on campus, I wanted to prevent people who took the class from shooting a horse or cow on campus.”
    Thank goodness it's California. That saves me from even trying to understand it.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
    Another reason California has problems - a so-called institute of higher learning preferring ignorance over knowledge, all in the name of political correctness.

Banned
    They got a point there. All you have to do is look at the places where guns are unrestricted, and you can see the wild west of movies and TV breaking out everywhere.

Oh, wait, that's in the places where guns are banned, like Chicago. Never mind.

Those animals have rights too ya know!

A bit of context in the larger media.

“It was our opinion it was potentially unsafe to have some guns on campus,” said Chuck Silverstein, president of the Woodland Hills Warner Center Neighborhood Council, which voted 10-9 to recommend the ban.

http://www.dailynews.com/social-affa...rse-now-banned

“The bottom line is this is essentially a cultural war that has nothing to do with guns,” Michel told the Daily News. “They’re claiming that gun-safety classes, which have taken place for (five) years without incident, cause panic. That’s not the case.”

He said in his half a lifetime in politics, he’s never seen a more angry response from advocates of gun-safety training at community colleges across Los Angeles. “I’ve gotten more nasty emails on this than any in my career,” Svonkin said. “And all I did was say you can’t have classes with guns on campus.”
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Sprocket View Post
    Yup. To be tasty.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Davy Sprocket

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcice View Post
    Yup. To be tasty.
    Yep - that's why we have bacon, Smithfield ham, and anything with ham sandwiches.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Thank goodness it's California. That saves me from even trying to understand it.

stay safe.
    My head was hurting trying to process it, and then I read this and just said 'oh, never mind'