• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So they're banning gun safety classes in the name of gun safety.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
So they're banning gun safety classes in the name of gun safety. And farm animal safety.

http://armsandthelaw.com/archives/2013/08/the_mentality_w.php

Potential pistol packers who had set their sights on a Pierce College gun-safety course this month would have been way off target.

That’s because Los Angeles community college officials had killed the National Rifle Association Basic Pistol Course with an order to ban all guns — even non-operating ones used for teaching — from college campuses. The popular extension course had been taught at the Woodland Hills campus and at Harbor College in Wilmington since 2008, with no guns ever loaded or fired at the schools.

“The one thing we wanted to prevent was Pierce College being the Wild Wild West,” said Scott Svonkin, a trustee with the Los Angeles Community College District, author of the anti-gun resolution passed this month.

“By preventing guns on campus, I wanted to prevent people who took the class from shooting a horse or cow on campus.”

Thank goodness it's California. That saves me from even trying to understand it.

stay safe.

eye95

They got a point there. All you have to do is look at the places where guns are unrestricted, and you can see the wild west of movies and TV breaking out everywhere.

Oh, wait, that's in the places where guns are banned, like Chicago. Never mind.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Davy Sprocket

Those animals have rights too ya know!
Yup. To be tasty.
Yep - that's why we have bacon, Smithfield ham, and anything with ham sandwiches.