Thread: logic fail hysteria over Chicago top cop saying he will train cops to shoot people ..

logic fail hysteria over Chicago top cop saying he will train cops to shoot people ..

.. with a firearm in their hand.

Chicago Police Superintendent Says Cops Will Shoot Gun Carrying Citizens Because of His Training August 30, 2013 by Jonathan S.

Everybody is up in arms over this:

Chicago police superintendent Garry McCarthy is not happy about the new concealed carry laws in Illinois. And now he is predicting that police will shoot citizens who are lawfully carrying firearms.

During an interview with WVON radio McCarthy made some very bold statements that show his disdain for the 2nd amendment.

“You put more guns on the street expect more shootings,” McCarthy said. “I don’t care if they’re licensed legal firearms, people who are not highly trained… putting guns in their hands is a recipe for disaster. So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that. I’m telling you right up front.”

While every cop has a right to protect himself, this bold statement by McCarthy is obviously meant to intimidate gun owners who choose to exercise their rights. This threat that cops may mistakenly shoot a gun carrying citizen is just another attempt to fight the concealed carry laws that Illinois has long been deprived of.
    http://gunsnfreedom.com/chicago-poli....vQDAMJ7f.dpuf

Let's look at that again. "but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire ". Is that really anything different than any other PD's training? How did that get morphed into CPD's chief is going to train his cops to shoot "a gun carrying citizen" who is CCing, as opposed to training them to shoot gun carrying citizens who are brandishing their handgun? How is it intimidation of gun owners who are exercising their right, or an attempt to fight the concealed carry laws

It appears that panties are coming pre-wadded, and knickers pre-twisted. And the comments just go along with the hysteria.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Banned
    He should be promoted ! Although I don't know what to....

Suddenly, all carriers will have "guns in their hands" at all times...

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    .. with a firearm in their hand.

Chicago Police Superintendent Says Cops Will Shoot Gun Carrying Citizens Because of His Training August 30, 2013 by Jonathan S.

Everybody is up in arms over this:

http://gunsnfreedom.com/chicago-poli....vQDAMJ7f.dpuf

Let's look at that again. "but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire ". Is that really anything different than any other PD's training? How did that get morphed into CPD's chief is going to train his cops to shoot "a gun carrying citizen" who is CCing, as opposed to training them to shoot gun carrying citizens who are brandishing their handgun? How is it intimidation of gun owners who are exercising their right, or an attempt to fight the concealed carry laws

It appears that panties are coming pre-wadded, and knickers pre-twisted. And the comments just go along with the hysteria.

stay safe.
    The question is why did he even mention the turn-shoot scenario at all in the same paragraph with CCers? I'm with the writer--it was an attempt to intimidate.

Also, lets look at the alternative. The chief has the opportunity to say, "I'm glad citizens can defend themselves. And, we need to make sure they know how to interact with officers if they're involved in a self-defense situation. Lets get some public-service announcements going in order to avoid tragedy." But, he's not saying that.

And, his yap about more guns/more shootings is bizarre. I mean bizarre. Chicago has the highest shooting rates in the world. Just check the headlines coming out of that city. Numerous--and I mean numerous--shootings. There weren't that many shootings during Prohibition when gangsters infested the place. I don't think you could have statistically meaningfully more shootings without becoming Mogadishu.
    Last edited by Citizen; 09-02-2013 at 03:07 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Yes, because Chicago is so different from the rest of the country. The honest people will be the ones committing the crimes.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

The pyscho "cop" once again admits the problem with Chicago is him and the complete inability of the men under him to do their jobs. Unfortunately the people of IL don't care and will do nothing to rectify their nightmare.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 09-03-2013 at 02:08 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Citizen - "bizarre" statements coming from Shicagoans shouldn't surprise you. It's part of their mentality.
    Don't forget that recently ousted mayor Daley once threatened to "shove the business end of a rifle" up one reporters backside.
    He is basically saying "carry in my town and you'll be murdered by the CPD" ...

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Chicago has the highest shooting rates in the world. Just check the headlines coming out of that city. Numerous--and I mean numerous--shootings. There weren't that many shootings during Prohibition when gangsters infested the place.
    Um, Prohibition is still ongoing, and Chicago is still filled with gangsta prohibition profiteers.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Um, Prohibition is still ongoing, and Chicago is still filled with gangsta prohibition profiteers.
    It never occurred to me! Of course! Great point!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    And of course the profiteers are the cops themselves. Prostitution, numbers, firearms, drugs, stolen property and now cigarettes. All while feral gangs of young blacks smash tourists in the face. Rob and loot in front of the same cops on the Magnificent Mile in broad daylight. I'm afraid the city of the big shoulders has been lost and we are witnessing the slow decay.

Here's just one...
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Just more of the same, crybaby, BS, thug wannabe tactics. Its time to closely monitor the "illegal shootings" in Chicago. Ill bet that within one year, the crime rate for firearms related, criminally motivated shootings drops by 50%. Except for shootings by police officers. I expect those to increase. Because the police state cant have citizens protecting themselves.
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.