• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

logic fail hysteria over Chicago top cop saying he will train cops to shoot people ..

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
.. with a firearm in their hand.

Chicago Police Superintendent Says Cops Will Shoot Gun Carrying Citizens Because of His Training August 30, 2013 by Jonathan S.

Everybody is up in arms over this:

Chicago police superintendent Garry McCarthy is not happy about the new concealed carry laws in Illinois. And now he is predicting that police will shoot citizens who are lawfully carrying firearms.

During an interview with WVON radio McCarthy made some very bold statements that show his disdain for the 2nd amendment.

“You put more guns on the street expect more shootings,” McCarthy said. “I don’t care if they’re licensed legal firearms, people who are not highly trained… putting guns in their hands is a recipe for disaster. So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that. I’m telling you right up front.”

While every cop has a right to protect himself, this bold statement by McCarthy is obviously meant to intimidate gun owners who choose to exercise their rights. This threat that cops may mistakenly shoot a gun carrying citizen is just another attempt to fight the concealed carry laws that Illinois has long been deprived of.

http://gunsnfreedom.com/chicago-pol...because-of-his-training/#sthash.vQDAMJ7f.dpuf

Let's look at that again. "but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire ". Is that really anything different than any other PD's training? How did that get morphed into CPD's chief is going to train his cops to shoot "a gun carrying citizen" who is CCing, as opposed to training them to shoot gun carrying citizens who are brandishing their handgun? How is it intimidation of gun owners who are exercising their right, or an attempt to fight the concealed carry laws

It appears that panties are coming pre-wadded, and knickers pre-twisted. And the comments just go along with the hysteria.

stay safe.

davidmcbeth

Banned
He should be promoted ! Although I don't know what to....

Suddenly, all carriers will have "guns in their hands" at all times...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
.. with a firearm in their hand.

Chicago Police Superintendent Says Cops Will Shoot Gun Carrying Citizens Because of His Training August 30, 2013 by Jonathan S.

Everybody is up in arms over this:

http://gunsnfreedom.com/chicago-pol...because-of-his-training/#sthash.vQDAMJ7f.dpuf

Let's look at that again. "but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire ". Is that really anything different than any other PD's training? How did that get morphed into CPD's chief is going to train his cops to shoot "a gun carrying citizen" who is CCing, as opposed to training them to shoot gun carrying citizens who are brandishing their handgun? How is it intimidation of gun owners who are exercising their right, or an attempt to fight the concealed carry laws

It appears that panties are coming pre-wadded, and knickers pre-twisted. And the comments just go along with the hysteria.

stay safe.

The question is why did he even mention the turn-shoot scenario at all in the same paragraph with CCers? I'm with the writer--it was an attempt to intimidate.

Also, lets look at the alternative. The chief has the opportunity to say, "I'm glad citizens can defend themselves. And, we need to make sure they know how to interact with officers if they're involved in a self-defense situation. Lets get some public-service announcements going in order to avoid tragedy." But, he's not saying that.

And, his yap about more guns/more shootings is bizarre. I mean bizarre. Chicago has the highest shooting rates in the world. Just check the headlines coming out of that city. Numerous--and I mean numerous--shootings. There weren't that many shootings during Prohibition when gangsters infested the place. I don't think you could have statistically meaningfully more shootings without becoming Mogadishu.

Last edited:

protias

Yes, because Chicago is so different from the rest of the country. The honest people will be the ones committing the crimes. :rolleyes:

HandyHamlet

The pyscho "cop" once again admits the problem with Chicago is him and the complete inability of the men under him to do their jobs. Unfortunately the people of IL don't care and will do nothing to rectify their nightmare.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Citizen - "bizarre" statements coming from Shicagoans shouldn't surprise you. It's part of their mentality.
Don't forget that recently ousted mayor Daley once threatened to "shove the business end of a rifle" up one reporters backside. ;)

He is basically saying "carry in my town and you'll be murdered by the CPD" ...

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Chicago has the highest shooting rates in the world. Just check the headlines coming out of that city. Numerous--and I mean numerous--shootings. There weren't that many shootings during Prohibition when gangsters infested the place.

Um, Prohibition is still ongoing, and Chicago is still filled with gangsta prohibition profiteers.

HandyHamlet

Um, Prohibition is still ongoing, and Chicago is still filled with gangsta prohibition profiteers.

And of course the profiteers are the cops themselves. Prostitution, numbers, firearms, drugs, stolen property and now cigarettes. All while feral gangs of young blacks smash tourists in the face. Rob and loot in front of the same cops on the Magnificent Mile in broad daylight. I'm afraid the city of the big shoulders has been lost and we are witnessing the slow decay.

Here's just one...
[video=youtube;kpTJ6ctj77Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpTJ6ctj77Y[/video]

Tucker6900

Just more of the same, crybaby, BS, thug wannabe tactics. Its time to closely monitor the "illegal shootings" in Chicago. Ill bet that within one year, the crime rate for firearms related, criminally motivated shootings drops by 50%. Except for shootings by police officers. I expect those to increase. Because the police state cant have citizens protecting themselves.