Thread: question about new florida law on cwfl under 21

question about new florida law on cwfl under 21

Florida passed a law that says military personal under 21 can get a cwfl. I have a couple questions. My son is active duty and stationed in Georgia. He is going to apply for his Florida cwfl. If he gets the license is he able to buy a firearm or is purchasing still 21. Should I give him one of my pistols untill he is 21. He has told me that in Georgia he does not need a license to carry because he is active duty. I also told him to check other states he will be in because they may not honor his license while he is under 21.

Quote Originally Posted by conandan View Post
    Florida passed a law that says military personal under 21 can get a cwfl. I have a couple questions. My son is active duty and stationed in Georgia. He is going to apply for his Florida cwfl. If he gets the license is he able to buy a firearm or is purchasing still 21. Should I give him one of my pistols untill he is 21. He has told me that in Georgia he does not need a license to carry because he is active duty. I also told him to check other states he will be in because they may not honor his license while he is under 21.
    Unconstitutional federal law says you have to be 21 to purchase a handgun from an FFL, I don't think there are any exceptions.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

I didn't think that changed. But leave it to Florida to allow under 21 to get a license then not be able to purchase a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by conandan View Post
    I didn't think that changed. But leave it to Florida to allow under 21 to get a license then not be able to purchase a firearm.
    18 year olds can get guns in Private sales or as gifts.

http://thegunwriter.blogs.heraldtrib...f-young-adults

Pam Bondi signs on lawsuit for 18 year olds buying handguns, which is nice. Too bad she is a nanny statist in most areas and wants to keep people begging massa for permission to carry. And only concealed carry, which is a less effective means of carry.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.