• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

question about new florida law on cwfl under 21

conandan

Florida passed a law that says military personal under 21 can get a cwfl. I have a couple questions. My son is active duty and stationed in Georgia. He is going to apply for his Florida cwfl. If he gets the license is he able to buy a firearm or is purchasing still 21. Should I give him one of my pistols untill he is 21. He has told me that in Georgia he does not need a license to carry because he is active duty. I also told him to check other states he will be in because they may not honor his license while he is under 21.

77zach

Florida passed a law that says military personal under 21 can get a cwfl. I have a couple questions. My son is active duty and stationed in Georgia. He is going to apply for his Florida cwfl. If he gets the license is he able to buy a firearm or is purchasing still 21. Should I give him one of my pistols untill he is 21. He has told me that in Georgia he does not need a license to carry because he is active duty. I also told him to check other states he will be in because they may not honor his license while he is under 21.

Unconstitutional federal law says you have to be 21 to purchase a handgun from an FFL, I don't think there are any exceptions.

conandan

I didn't think that changed. But leave it to Florida to allow under 21 to get a license then not be able to purchase a firearm.