• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where are all the OC'ers?

websterz

I hit the stores a couple times a week and am always looking for people carrying. In the last couple of months I have seen only one other person, an off duty county deputy, open carrying. For a while I saw someone almost every time I went out. Has the novelty worn off? Come on folks... strap 'em on and show your support. We fought too hard to not exercise the right to OC!

Av8r115

I wonder the same thing. I OC every time I walk out the door except for a blazer when I go to church or the fanny pack when I exercise. I can only think of one time that I've seen another OC'er. It's too bad that more people don't take advantage of the opportunity to support the Second Amendment, and to do their part in correcting the Left's lie that gun owners are lunatics looking for an excuse to shoot someone.

Last edited:

jrz_dad

I hit the stores a couple times a week and am always looking for people carrying. In the last couple of months I have seen only one other person, an off duty county deputy, open carrying. For a while I saw someone almost every time I went out. Has the novelty worn off? Come on folks... strap 'em on and show your support. We fought too hard to not exercise the right to OC!

give it time...not everyone is comfortable carrying openly yet...

jc79

I was out this weekend OCing in both Oklahoma City and Lawton. It was my second time OCing and I had no real issues. I get a few smiles from the cashiers at Wal-Mart. I think it is good for folks to be out OCing as it shows the general populace that gun owners are just like them and are all-around good guys just going about their day. I always make sure I check for signs before entering a buildings as I respect property rights just I respect the right to carry.

-J

okiephlyer

Know what you mean. Since Nov. 1 last year, not counting the OC lunches I attended, I have only seen a handful of OC'ers. And lately it has been none in the day to day travels. Did have a negative encounter the other day, getting ready to write it up and post in a few minutes.

51rattruck

I have been oc'ing for about 2 months now. I am feeling a lot more comfortable with it. also I have only seen one other oc and that was in walmart.
Steve

websterz

I wondered if that was you. next time I see ya i'll stop and say Hi
Steve
LOL, yup, that's me. Are you a member of the Ponca Rifle and Pistol club? I just put an adjustable rear sight on my carry pistol and need to get out to the range and sight it in. Maybe we can hit the range together some time.

redneckanize

Good question! I never see anyone doing it either. But I do I get positive remarks from leos when i do.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

51rattruck

LOL, yup, that's me. Are you a member of the Ponca Rifle and Pistol club? I just put an adjustable rear sight on my carry pistol and need to get out to the range and sight it in. Maybe we can hit the range together some time.

No not a member yet. I am planning on joining soon as I can. haven't had the money yet. I have been wanting to go to a range I just got a new rifle to site in.
Steve

okiephlyer

I get to travel some, so I always check out the states I'm headed to to see if I can OC. The next couple of days, you can catch me in and around Ogden, UT, OC'ing. Got some suggestions from the locals as to what to do. That's one of the things I love about this site.

hrdware

I get to travel some, so I always check out the states I'm headed to to see if I can OC. The next couple of days, you can catch me in and around Ogden, UT, OC'ing. Got some suggestions from the locals as to what to do. That's one of the things I love about this site.

Between the knowledge here and at http://www.handgunlaw.us I always feel confident when I travel.