• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is the OC Map Going To Be Updated Now That Mississippi's New Law is in Effect?

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Should Wisconsin be upgraded to gold star status?

I am not sure of the criteria for gold star status, but Wisconsin specifically protected open carry in Act 35, by defining that openly carrying a firearm is *not* disorderly conduct.

Open carry has always been legal in Wisconsin.

11C1P

I can understand that they can't keep up with every state as the laws change, nor read through every thread to see what people are saying. I can also understand wanting a link to the change. That's why sent them an email as well as posting in the forum (here) with a link to the change. Now granted I didn't provide them with an updated map, as I don't have the stuff to do that, but I just don't see it being that hard to change colors on a few states. Maybe one of you guys could change the restaurant & OC maps for N.D. (it's the kind of squarey shaped state along the top in the middle :p )

I guess one of the reasons it bothers me that it hasn't changed is that makes me wonder how accurate is the map for any of the states, especially since I often post links to those maps for people who have questions about traveling or moving to another state. I really want to be able to know the info is fairly accurate and up to date. While we are a small state, population wise, we are seeing a huge influx of people the last few years cause of the oil boom, and a lot of people like to know this stuff before they move.

Last edited: