• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

anti becomes Pro

eye95

ABP.

Twice.

Including by folks who were actually there.

Chuck (IIRC) did a nose count and got 93.

BTW, this wasn't just the NRA's doing. OFCC, BFA, and OCDO had a lot to do with the turnout. OCers showing up usually are not the result of NRA efforts.

MyWifeSaidYes

MAIG sent a press release on Wednesday, 8/28. A revised release with an updated location was sent on 8/29. SacBee still has the revised release posted:
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/08/29/5692073/ohio-gun-owners-to-urge-senator.html

Either the NRA found out and notified Linda, or she found out directly. Linda is an official with BFA as well as the NRA.

Chuck got notified by Linda.

I got notified by Chuck.

I then notified everyone I could about the event along with that most powerful of grassroots messages...

"Pass it on!"

People from all the groups eye95 mentioned were involved in informing and recruiting others to attend.

Good times!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
MAIG sent a press release on Wednesday, 8/28. A revised release with an updated location was sent on 8/29. SacBee still has the revised release posted:
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/08/29/5692073/ohio-gun-owners-to-urge-senator.html

Either the NRA found out and notified Linda, or she found out directly. Linda is an official with BFA as well as the NRA.

Chuck got notified by Linda.

I got notified by Chuck.

I then notified everyone I could about the event along with that most powerful of grassroots messages...

"Pass it on!"

People from all the groups eye95 mentioned were involved in informing and recruiting others to attend.

Good times!

Which is the big lesson to take away - MAIG is afraid - very afraid. They maintain a tight mailing list and only send out last-minute notices to try and keep the other side of the discussion (us) from knowing what they are going to do and where they are going to be doing it.

The big difference between them and us is that we are secure enough to announce our events well in advance, and to announce them openly.

Huge attaboys to all who helped bring the light to the attempted gathering of darkness.

stay safe.

eye95

If you have the confidence of your reason, you should not fear challenges to it.

MAIG clearly knows that the logic they are using to sway the masses is flawed. The also know that they cannot reveal their true motives--controlling the People--because they know this will be off-putting for most people. So they are careful to only let the people who are already buffaloed know about the rallies.

Of note is not just how many from the Liberty side of the issue showed up, but how few from the MAIG side did. Their tactic is actually stopping the people they want to come out from coming out.

Kudos to our representatives from the various OH groups and to MWSY and Chuck in particular. I really wish I could have made it. This was an important rally, and we made a helluva point!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

papa bear

EYE and MWSY, pat everyone on the back up there.

EYE you know the first thing the anti's scwall about is the NRA. i hope they don't know about the local groups. but then again that's how they get their money, and that does seem to be what they are interested in

i would agree to, if you cause is not strong enough, you will hide it. this has been one of my complaints about the MOM gang