Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lodi Police Officer Shot When Child Pulled Trigger On His Gun At Reading Event

Lodi Police Officer Shot When Child Pulled Trigger On His Gun At Reading Event

LODI (CBS13) — A Lodi Police SWAT officer had a Glock .35 with a flashlight in his thigh holster at a children’s reading event when a boy managed to pull the trigger and shoot the officer.....

Hopefully, speaking to the child and the child’s parents to find out how they were able to get access to the officer’s gun, what the child’s intent may have been—we don’t know if it was accidental or unintentional.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013/...reading-event/
    Notice the 'Glock .35' and investigating what the child's intent was.

I'm surprised the cop uses a holster that does not cover the trigger guard. That is what is implied in this article.

There's more to it than what the reporter says evidenced by his complete ignorance in firearms and law enforcement.

Cop was wrong in letting ANYONE that close to his sidearm. This'll serve as a reminder.
    "Never belittle someone for carrying a small firearm. Commend them for carrying a firearm."
    -OpenCarry.org member MAC702

Police say because the gun was in a holster the [sic] accomodate the attached flashlight, the trigger was more accessible.
    Only if it is a poor design...

Agreed, there is more to this that we will probably never find out.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Banned
    Reporter states " a gun without a SAFETY"

Oh the horror.

Nothing like a story on guns out of California.

Officer was SWAT showing off his goodies to all the little childrens, hope he loses his job for his Negligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. State View Post

Oh the horror.

It actually is rather a stupid idea. Just look at all the "highly trained professionals" who shoot themselves holstering their Glawk. And I don't GAF what the tacticool crowd have to say on the matter.

Nothing like a gun design out of Europe.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. State View Post

Oh the horror.

Officer was SWAT showing off his goodies to all the little childrens, hope he loses his job for his Negligence.
    Cop will get a promotion most likely ... Glocks ... its a funny story ...

Founder's Club Member
    So, where is the indictment for allowing access to a firearm by a minor?

Alternatively, can you imagine the playground cred this kid is gonna have? Third-grader to new kid from Iowa, "Don't mess with Sammy. He shot a cop!"
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post

Alternatively, can you imagine the playground cred this kid is gonna have? Third-grader to new kid from Iowa, "Don't mess with Sammy. He shot a cop!"
    Lost in the mail I guess....

So, will charges be filed against the little hooligan?

Re: Lodi Police Officer Shot When Child Pulled Trigger On His Gun At Reading Event

Quote Originally Posted by jhfc View Post
    Uhm...where do you think those little license plates for bicycles come from....? The "kids" grey bar hotel. I am sure this T.W.A.T. officer (Typical Weapons And Tactics) will see to it, that this kid becomes an expert plate maker.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jhfc View Post
    According to the article, authorities don't even know who it was.

Of course, I'm just waiting for the story to be spun to justify more anti-terror freedom restrictions. I will have zero surprise if some government spokesliar claims pro-constitutionalists are recruiting and training kids to shoot cops. Even less surprise if it comes out of Pelosi or Boxer's office.
    Last edited by Citizen; 09-03-2013 at 01:12 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

I leave all the "recruiting and training of kids" to the government...

To be fair, government only trains kids to shoot citizens once they're hired as LE.
    Last edited by marshaul; 09-03-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    I leave all the "recruiting and training of kids" to the government...

To be fair, government only trains kids to shoot citizens once they're hired as LE.
    Ouch!

This is why schools need to be gun free zones. Maybe add LEOs to the list...

We need to keep kids from shooting cops in the leg with their own gun because the holster didn't completely cover the trigger due to the use of a tactical flashlight thingy and the cop didn't notice the kid was groping his gun.

How else will the violence ever stop?

Just one more reason to disarm cops.

Really good argument for condition one carry too.

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Uhm...where do you think those little license plates for bicycles come from....? The "kids" grey bar hotel. I am sure this T.W.A.T. officer (Typical Weapons And Tactics) will see to it, that this kid becomes an expert plate maker.
    I suppose that's what that CCR song "Stuck Here in Lodi Again", is about...

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Just one more reason to disarm cops.

Really good argument for condition one carry too.

+1 on both counts.

Who is paying the medical bills?

1. The kid
    2. The school
    3. The taxpayer

Three guesses and the first two don't count.

He will probably get a medal for an injury in the line of duty.

And +1 to this.

http://lightgateblogger.com/2013/02/...-training-why/

DHS, FEMA, POLICE USING CIVILIAN SHOOTING POSTERS FOR TRAINING. WHY?
    February 20, 2013
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 09-03-2013 at 02:07 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Banned
    According to the article, authorities don't even know who it was.

Of course, I'm just waiting for the story to be spun to justify more anti-terror freedom restrictions. I will have zero surprise if some government spokesliar claims pro-constitutionalists are recruiting and training kids to shoot cops. Even less surprise if it comes out of Pelosi or Boxer's office.
    Yes, you must now carry with the gun at a height of 15 feet of more (gun height to floor)....happy carrying.
    Seems reasonable ... for the children.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 09-03-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Re: Lodi Police Officer Shot When Child Pulled Trigger On His Gun At Reading Event

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Yes, you must know carry with the gun at a height of 15 feet of more (gun height to floor)....happy carrying.
    Seems reasonable ... for the children.
    Looks like I better start working on a pair of stilts in desert camo...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

It' Sammy who better be watching out. The new kid from Iowa can wrestle a 500 pound hog to the ground and castrate him. Then eat him!

RR

Banned
    The kid was recruited by NYPD this evening .... made SGT right away, given his experience.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    The kid was recruited by NYPD this evening .... made SGT right away, given his experience.
    Actually, I've heard that the DEA is looking for someone to replace Lee Paige.

Banned
    Actually, I've heard that the DEA is looking for someone to replace Lee Paige.
    Good talent is hard to replace....lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast