• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lodi Police Officer Shot When Child Pulled Trigger On His Gun At Reading Event

OC for ME

LODI (CBS13) — A Lodi Police SWAT officer had a Glock .35 with a flashlight in his thigh holster at a children’s reading event when a boy managed to pull the trigger and shoot the officer.....

Hopefully, speaking to the child and the child’s parents to find out how they were able to get access to the officer’s gun, what the child’s intent may have been—we don’t know if it was accidental or unintentional.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013...d-pulled-trigger-on-his-gun-at-reading-event/
Notice the 'Glock .35' and investigating what the child's intent was.

LeMat

I'm surprised the cop uses a holster that does not cover the trigger guard. That is what is implied in this article.

There's more to it than what the reporter says evidenced by his complete ignorance in firearms and law enforcement.

Cop was wrong in letting ANYONE that close to his sidearm. This'll serve as a reminder.

JustaShooter

Police say because the gun was in a holster the [sic] accomodate the attached flashlight, the trigger was more accessible.
Only if it is a poor design...

Agreed, there is more to this that we will probably never find out.

Jeff. State

Banned
Reporter states " a gun without a SAFETY" :shocker:

Oh the horror.

Nothing like a story on guns out of California.

Officer was SWAT showing off his goodies to all the little childrens, hope he loses his job for his Negligence.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

Oh the horror.

It actually is rather a stupid idea. Just look at all the "highly trained professionals" who shoot themselves holstering their Glawk. And I don't GAF what the tacticool crowd have to say on the matter.

Nothing like a gun design out of Europe. ;)

davidmcbeth

Banned

Oh the horror.

Officer was SWAT showing off his goodies to all the little childrens, hope he loses his job for his Negligence.

Cop will get a promotion most likely ... Glocks ... its a funny story ...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
So, where is the indictment for allowing access to a firearm by a minor?

Alternatively, can you imagine the playground cred this kid is gonna have? Third-grader to new kid from Iowa, "Don't mess with Sammy. He shot a cop!"

davidmcbeth

Banned
So, where is the indictment for allowing access to a firearm by a minor?

Alternatively, can you imagine the playground cred this kid is gonna have? Third-grader to new kid from Iowa, "Don't mess with Sammy. He shot a cop!"

Lost in the mail I guess....

FreeInAZ

So, will charges be filed against the little hooligan?

Uhm...where do you think those little license plates for bicycles come from....? The "kids" grey bar hotel. I am sure this T.W.A.T. officer (Typical Weapons And Tactics) will see to it, that this kid becomes an expert plate maker. :p

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
So, will charges be filed against the little hooligan?

According to the article, authorities don't even know who it was.

Of course, I'm just waiting for the story to be spun to justify more anti-terror freedom restrictions. I will have zero surprise if some government spokesliar claims pro-constitutionalists are recruiting and training kids to shoot cops. Even less surprise if it comes out of Pelosi or Boxer's office.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I leave all the "recruiting and training of kids" to the government...

To be fair, government only trains kids to shoot citizens once they're hired as LE.

Last edited:

jhfc

This is why schools need to be gun free zones. Maybe add LEOs to the list...

We need to keep kids from shooting cops in the leg with their own gun because the holster didn't completely cover the trigger due to the use of a tactical flashlight thingy and the cop didn't notice the kid was groping his gun.

How else will the violence ever stop?

HandyHamlet

Just one more reason to disarm cops.

Really good argument for condition one carry too.

:banana::monkey:banana:

jhfc

Uhm...where do you think those little license plates for bicycles come from....? The "kids" grey bar hotel. I am sure this T.W.A.T. officer (Typical Weapons And Tactics) will see to it, that this kid becomes an expert plate maker. :p

I suppose that's what that CCR song "Stuck Here in Lodi Again", is about...

DocWalker

Who is paying the medical bills?

1. The kid
2. The school
3. The taxpayer

Three guesses and the first two don't count.

He will probably get a medal for an injury in the line of duty.

davidmcbeth

Banned
According to the article, authorities don't even know who it was.

Of course, I'm just waiting for the story to be spun to justify more anti-terror freedom restrictions. I will have zero surprise if some government spokesliar claims pro-constitutionalists are recruiting and training kids to shoot cops. Even less surprise if it comes out of Pelosi or Boxer's office.

Yes, you must now carry with the gun at a height of 15 feet of more (gun height to floor)....happy carrying.
Seems reasonable ... for the children.

Last edited: