• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nat'l gun rights 'demonstration' set Oct. 19

Dave Workman

Group calls for nat’l demonstration of gun rights

Yesterday’s Eagle Tribune in North Andover, Mass., reported that a fledgling organization, Gun Rights Across America(GRAA), is pushing a national demonstration of gun rights on Saturday, Oct. 19 “with hour-long sessions staggered by time zone so Americans participate simultaneously.”

http://www.examiner.com/article/group-calls-for-nat-l-demonstration-of-gun-rights

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Sounds like just another day in Washington State. I do think we can get a group at the Sunset Blvd overpass to I5 with a banner and a goodly group of Armed Citizens to wave at the unarmed public.

EMNofSeattle

Who exactly is this "gun rights across america" what do we know about their "leaders" or "organization officers"? what are their "interests" and legislative or judicial goals.... I want to know more about these people....

Their idea is not bad however, they want everyone I guess to sit strapped in their own front yard... but I already carry in my front yard so they're making a big deal about my normal routine?

personally I think most people on this website would be better off just going to their normal coffee meetups... if this group has capital to do a thousand mini demonstrations in people's front yards they'd use it better directing people to the hundreds of meetups done by open carriers regularily around the country... just my $00.02

EMNofSeattle

Let's analyze their facebook post...

As you're all very well aware of, our freedoms in this nation are under attack. Both at the state level, and at the federal level. The time is now, to demand that the infringements stop.

ok, no problems yet

"Gun Rights Across America" is once again organizing the entire country for a swift response. We know the gun control agenda is returning soon, and we need to tell the federal government that enough is enough. Rather than organizing another rally, we're organizing hundreds of thousands if not millions of small rallies. A small rally in each and every one of your front yards, all across America! We want you to strap on a holstered handgun to your hip, and give one hour of your day to making our presence as law abiding gun owners known. This is a family event too. Feel free to strap on a plastic red gun onto your children as well.

I've already critiqued the concept.... but there's a difference of opinion no problem

Starting at 5:00PM eastern time, for one hour stand or sit in your front yard armed. (Please check your local and state laws and ordinances to be certain no laws are being broken). Most states, even some of the most anti-gun states, CANNOT control what you do or wear on your own property, provided you're not threatening anybody.

Good enough

If you're lucky enough to live in a state that has legalized open carry, we encourage you to open carry the entire day (except in any prohibited places of course), wear a 2nd Amendment T-shirt, hold up signs, etc. in support of our 2nd Amendment rights. Be creative, and have fun with it.

LUCKY ENOUGH?! I live in state where open carry has been a RIGHT since territorial days and never restricted. Americans in the majority of states have ALWAYS had a right to open carry! most states have never "legalized open carry" they've never prohibited it in the first place! the only state recently that's legalized open carry is Oklahoma (some may count Arkansas, but I'll wait for a court ruling there)

If you live in an anti-gun state that has covered this loophole with ridiculous legislation, we recommend you carry a holstered "red gun" (plastic mock up) for that hour to show your support for the 2nd.

open carry is a RIGHT not a "LOOPHOLE"

"Guns Next Door" is designed to send a message to our federal and state lawmakers. Gun owners are good, honest, law abiding citizens. And we have a god given right to self defense, not to mention the Constitution guarantees us the right to keep and bear arms.

you mean our "loophole" to bear arms.... :rolleyes:

So all we're asking for is one hour of your time. Arm yourselves (legally), and make your presence known across America. This is an extremely easy way to support the 2nd Amendment, and protect our rights. Feel free to hold up signs in your yards for the passing motorists. "Obama must go, Save the 2nd, Molon Labe," etc. Pass out candy or lemonade to the kids riding their bikes, and playing in the neighborhoods. This is your chance America! Your chance to take action by just giving one hour of your time, your chance to make a statement, your chance to defeat an anti-gun agenda!

Yeah lets turn this into the right wing conservative jamboree instead of displaying our constitutional rights that should transcend political boundaries...

Everybody always writes Molon Labe, so now's your chance to prove it!

I don't have to prove anything, how about you prove what you've done, I've never even heard of you and you're chiding me to "prove it" :mad:

Needless to say... I'm even more doubtful about these people's motives....

Last edited:

acmariner99

Who exactly is this "gun rights across america" what do we know about their "leaders" or "organization officers"? what are their "interests" and legislative or judicial goals.... I want to know more about these people....

Their idea is not bad however, they want everyone I guess to sit strapped in their own front yard... but I already carry in my front yard so they're making a big deal about my normal routine?

personally I think most people on this website would be better off just going to their normal coffee meetups... if this group has capital to do a thousand mini demonstrations in people's front yards they'd use it better directing people to the hundreds of meetups done by open carriers regularily around the country... just my $00.02

You can find some information here: https://www.facebook.com/GunRightsAcrossAmericaWAState -- this was the group that helped organize the nationwide series of rallies at state capitals earlier this year in response to the gun control push. They are simply working to help further raise awareness about the prevalence and depth of firearms in every day society. This event is simply another means for that. I did mention that I OC every chance I get anyway, which is all well and good. I can go a step further by flying flags, wearing memorabilia, and generally taking visibility of gun rights up a notch.

Stretch

I'll be out hunting a deer with my modern firearm, if I don't get one earlier in the week. How's that for support?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2