Thread: VA background checks

mayberry, nc

VA background checks

wasn't sure where i wanted to put this. it deals with VA background checks and has statement from Philip VanCleve and anti defense man Andrew Goddard. but i feel like all the forum could benefit from this

a bit stats heavy. but i can say it is interesting. especially with the small numbers. since the Roanoke time is very anti citizen self defense, i think they wanted to make more out of it then they could

my personal opinion, is that no one should be arrested for a failed background check. a lot of these people probably didn't know they were non-aligable. if they told the truth and were turned down, that is one thing. but now if they lied then that is a whole ball of wax
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

North Chesterfield VA
    0.15% of all background checks performed. That's a loophole big enough to drive a - wait, I'm still trying to think of what could be driven sideways through a loophole that big.

As the OP suggests, some of those who failed may not have been fully aware that they were prohibited persons. With the proliferation of crimes that are now felonies, along with the increase in suspended sentences for "lesser" crimes, it is possible for someone not very astute about firearms laws to be convicted of a felony, not realize they are now a prohibited person, and get caught by a background check.

But seriously, does anybody think that BGs think they can get a better price at a gun show, what with the recent price situation in response to the recent availability situation? Or are BGs just not comparison shoppers who are also saddled with an impulse-buying affliction that literally drags them off the streets and into gun shows? And if they are going to gun shows to look for private sales so they can use that "gunshow loophole" then why are BGs submitting to background checks in the first place?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"