• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guess what? Cops are human and sometimes they're wrong

stealthyeliminator

Holy ****! LEO Bashing! Delete the thread! Delete the thread! He said LEOs might have done something wrong, but this forum only allows you to say they're right!

For what it's worth, eye95, I was about to concede with you on several points when I found the thread deleted. I'm not sure if the thread shifted direction between my last look and the delete, but there was certainly nothing in there that I saw that would have warranted a closure or delete per the rules that us members are able to view - which means it almost certainly would have been possible to delete any posts that tried to shift the thread in a negative way.

The thread was created purely for analysis and orderly discussion, it clearly wasn't going to serve to incite violence or unwarranted defamation

Might as well just delete anything controversial at all. Guess that means you'll have to delete the whole forum, since the entire open carry movement is controversial.

davidmcbeth

Banned
LEO bashing does not equal you cannot "bash" specific LEOs if facts support it...its a general bashing. Like bashing all teachers.

I think that politicians can generally be bashed ... one group, off the top of my head. They basically put themselves out there..

stealthyeliminator

FYI, I'm sure this thread will be deleted too, but the primary purpose of creating this thread was actually to let eye95 know that I believe I understood his points and agreed on most. I can't enumerate them anymore, obviously, because the freaking thread was deleted.

I was going to ask him to consider that while several actions of both parties were probably morally wrong, as he pointed out, only certain wrong actions would actually justify physical intervention and only certain immoral actions would likely consitute a violation of the other's rights.

So, with the question being posed as who was "more right" I see why he responded the way he did. But I'd still say the student(s) was probably "more" right, even if in the wrong to some degree.

I really don't see how this discussion is inflammatory to any degree. It seems as though the moderator's actions are often the most inflammatory thing on this board.

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

The one about the 2 students that ended up in fistfights with 2 police officers in a restaurant. It has a poll asking who was "more right" and a link to a news article and video.

eye95

Unless something changed since the last time I posted in the thread, I saw no general cop-bashing.

Any complaints about the behavior of these officers had a foundation.

From what I understand about how the staff here operates, the thread still exists, just not in this dimension.

They can and should restore it. No doubt they can fix any errant posts.