• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any jobs that would allow me to carry?

SigPro

Ok fellow OC/CCers, I've recently started looking for new employment after finishing an outdoor educator contract for a camp. They didn't allow any employees to have a weapon on them(car was fine) which is all cool, I get it, I was working with kids. Now that I've had some downtime to recover, It's time to start looking for a CARRY FRIENDLY job! I was wondering if anyone had any leads to places that would allow me to CC or OC my weapon! I live in the OKC area, but wouldn't mind a drive to somewhere like Norman or Edmond.

I'm kind of at a loss as to where to look, I just finished the contract and had a vacation that ate up my time to enroll anywhere for fall semester. I'm open to full or part-time(I could always pick up guard hours once I re-certify) Any leads or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

I'm pretty young and can learn on the fly! Some of my work experiences include...

YMCA/ASHI certified lifeguard and Professional rescuer, Still certified(wanting re-certification) in CPR/O2 administration/First aid/AED administration and Lifeguarding.

I have tons of experience working with exotic animals, reptiles/amphibians primarily but have some knowledge of others.

Dealing with the public.

Obvious knowledge of firearms and firearm related subjects.

and Teaching of curriculum in both a school setting and trail/outdoor setting.

HandyHamlet

Sorry, no idea. If you were serious I would go directly to the source, a recruiter, and not pay attention to the internet.

Get it all in writing too.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Don't they have some vision requirement? I would love to join the Air force, but can't because I'm red/green colorblind!

The Marines may be gone soon .. they have not stormed any beaches as of recent history (like 60 yrs) ... I think they are still around to collect toys for tots and to yell Semper Fi or something like dat...whatever it means...maybe "toys for tots" ?

Try panhandling ... do what you want then ... in a state you can carry of course...

See you at the end of the ramp!

Last edited:

SigPro

The Marines may be gone soon .. they have not stormed any beaches as of recent history (like 60 yrs) ... I think they are still around to collect toys for tots and to yell Semper Fi or something like dat...whatever it means...maybe "toys for tots" ?

Try panhandling ... do what you want then ... in a state you can carry of course...

See you at the end of the ramp!

o_O That.....is funny...

BikerGuy57

Try armed security guard. Armoured car, bank guard, etc. Maybe you could get a job guarding Obama! You could be his top banana! :banana::banana::banana:

I went to H&H today and they told me they weren't hiring. As for other ranges or shops, I honestly don't know any. That's always been the one my grandfather took me to shoot.