Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Mr. Colionoir on Open Carry and video encounters.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,863

    Mr. Colionoir on Open Carry and video encounters.

    An interesting commentary showed up on The Gun Wire...

    http://thegunwire.com/blog/youtube-v...emonstrations/

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    240

    Re: Mr. Colionoir on Open Carry and video encounters.

    He works for the NRA. Not the most open carry supportive of groups.

    Calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    I pretty much agree on principle with almost everything this guy says--including in this video. He makes good points and communicates them well. Usually he is a tad more animated.

  4. #4
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I pretty much agree on principle with almost everything this guy says--including in this video. He makes good points and communicates them well. Usually he is a tad more animated.
    Agreed. As I mentioned in the thread in the Texas forum which covers the event that spawned this video, I only find one fault in what he's saying. He makes the point twice that the second amendment doesn't protect the right to be an *******, when actually there is an amendment just right above the second that does offer protection in that department. No, I don't like an ******* either, but being one doesn't justify breaching that person's liberty. At the very end of the video, he at least did say that he thought it was pretty ridiculous that they were charged with disorderly conduct.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    240

    Re: Mr. Colionoir on Open Carry and video encounters.

    Who was acting badly? Wasn't it the police in this instance that escalated matters and invented a violation in order to be bully's?

    Calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by kurt555gs View Post
    Who was acting badly? Wasn't it the police in this instance that escalated matters and invented a violation in order to be bully's?

    Calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard.
    I agree ... that Kolinar guy is just a smart A** ...

  7. #7
    Regular Member We-the-People's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    White City, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    2,234
    Quote Originally Posted by kurt555gs View Post
    Who was acting badly? Wasn't it the police in this instance that escalated matters and invented a violation in order to be bully's?

    Calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard.
    Yep. Noir got this one wrong. I wonder what he'd think of my most recent police encounter. Probably think I was an A***** because I didn't give ID, name, nothing and intitially asked "am I being detained" and then just turned around and left when told NO. Unfortunately they followed (officer and a LT) and then the freaking Chief showed up.

    But yeah, I was probably the as******.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

    Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

  8. #8
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    Yep. Noir got this one wrong. I wonder what he'd think of my most recent police encounter. Probably think I was an A***** because I didn't give ID, name, nothing and intitially asked "am I being detained" and then just turned around and left when told NO. Unfortunately they followed (officer and a LT) and then the freaking Chief showed up.

    But yeah, I was probably the as******.
    ...you are my kind of A-hole.

    People are so conditioned into an obey and submit that the fundamental refusal and desire to be left alone is now a foreign idea, extreme and since ignorance breeds contempt (this works with all kinds of bigotry) they are also A-holes.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  9. #9
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    ...you are my kind of A-hole.

    People are so conditioned into an obey and submit that the fundamental refusal and desire to be left alone is now a foreign idea, extreme and since ignorance breeds contempt (this works with all kinds of bigotry) they are also A-holes.
    you think people like that who after a mass shooting happens takes their black rifle for a walk by the nearest elementary schools really just wants to be left alone? somehow I doubt that very much......
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  10. #10
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    you think people like that who after a mass shooting happens takes their black rifle for a walk by the nearest elementary schools really just wants to be left alone? somehow I doubt that very much......
    Your miss of the and was on purpose? Why the concentration on black rifle?

    They have the right to be, even when exercising a fundamental right of bearing arms and coincidentally making a an exercise of freedom of expression at the same time. Even if they wanted to draw attention it isn't the duty of our servants to go beyond their constitutional restrictions in reacting unconstitutionally.

    Edit to ad, if there is any validity in copy cat shootings, then right after a mass shooting is probably the most pertinent time to be carrying your rifle.
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 09-19-2013 at 09:11 PM.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Your miss of the and was on purpose? Why the concentration on black rifle?

    They have the right to be, even when exercising a fundamental right of bearing arms and coincidentally making a an exercise of freedom of expression at the same time. Even if they wanted to draw attention it isn't the duty of our servants to go beyond their constitutional restrictions in reacting unconstitutionally.
    I agree with this.

    It is our RIGHT to draw attention to ourselves if we want to.

    It is our right to be jerks if we want to.

    The free speech part of the constitution wasn't written so people could say "have a nice day". It was specifically written to protect things that would upset others and offend others.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    127
    If you listen carefully to his commentary...he does not say you should not stand up for your rights, but if you are like MarkedGuardian(youtube) who purposefully go out with the intention of a Police Encounter, and(not including MarkedGuardian from what I have seen) the intent to be the biggest pain in the ass as possible, you arent helping.


    Yep. Noir got this one wrong. I wonder what he'd think of my most recent police encounter. Probably think I was an A***** because I didn't give ID, name, nothing and intitially asked "am I being detained" and then just turned around and left when told NO. Unfortunately they followed (officer and a LT) and then the freaking Chief showed up.

    But yeah, I was probably the as******. .
    Were you out to video tape the encounter and make the police look bad? Or was it just an encounter that happened because some idiot called them or they spotted you? Was your intent in carrying that day to have a police encounter?...

    I think I agree, idiots out to just harass the police arent helping us...people doing the legal thing and sticking to their rights are what we need...

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    I agree with this.

    It is our RIGHT to draw attention to ourselves if we want to.

    It is our right to be jerks if we want to.

    The free speech part of the constitution wasn't written so people could say "have a nice day". It was specifically written to protect things that would upset others and offend others.
    Why is it that some think that free speech only applies to them being jerks? It applies to those pointing out that you are being a jerk too!

    He never said you don't have a right to be a jerk. He is simply asking you not to be. I ask that too; I just don't expect you not to be.

    I disagree with some of what Noir says. But at least he is rational--blunt, but still rational.

  14. #14
    Regular Member We-the-People's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    White City, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    2,234
    Quote Originally Posted by 45 Fan View Post
    SNIPPED Were you out to video tape the encounter and make the police look bad? Or was it just an encounter that happened because some idiot called them or they spotted you? Was your intent in carrying that day to have a police encounter?...

    I think I agree, idiots out to just harass the police arent helping us...people doing the legal thing and sticking to their rights are what we need...
    I never go out to video police encounters. I go out in the hope that there will be NO encounter with police and that other citizens will ask about the right to bear arms. The vast majority of the time (I have encountered police 3 times in 4 years and I carry every day) there is no police encounter. Still, I carry recording devices because, as we all know, if you aren't carrying one there is only one "credible" side to the story AND that's when you're going to be unlawfully detained or worse.

    As I always say when there is no police encounter, or there is and no rights are violated, "it's been a good day". To date, I have not had my rights violated in they eyes of the law but I have been harassed by law enforcement (stopping a law abiding citizen doing nothing unlawful is harassment in my opinion).

    If I were to call 911 and report "a black man just walked past my house" or "a guy just walked by talking on the phone and he had a turban on" or "a guy just walked by with his dog and he didn't have a license on the dogs collar" I would be told "911 is for emergency calls only" and they'd probably dispatch a police car to me, the caller, to explain that I am abusing the 911 system.

    Why isn't that done with open carry which is just as lawful as all of the above situations? Because it's politically incorrect. However, the 1st amendment allows us the freedom of expression to be politically incorrect, the 2nd to carry that weapon, and the 4th to tell the police to pound sand when they attempt a "consensual" encounter.

    So....if I'm being totally within the law and my rights, HOW is that harassing, baiting, or otherwise "messing with" the police? The proper and constitutional view is that the police are harassing the citizen for constitutional, but unpopular to some, activity......PERIOD. The government is specifically prohibited from doing so.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

    Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •