Thread: thoughts on OC demonstrations

thoughts on OC demonstrations

No one likes an *******, especially an ******* with a rifle and a camera. I try not to bait the police, I rather not have them in my life beyond a personal relationship. However, rights are rights, and as Americans we have a Second Amendment right to bear arms, which unless you’ve been asleep for the last two years I agree with.
    See the rest and post your thoughts when you have seen it.
    http://www.mrcolionnoir.com/right-to...emonstrations/
    Last edited by Raggs; 09-03-2013 at 05:43 PM.
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Re: thoughts on OC demonstrations

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    No one likes an *******, especially an ******* with a rifle and a camera. I try not to bait the police, I rather not have them in my life beyond a personal relationship. However, rights are rights, and as Americans we have a Second Amendment right to bear arms, which unless you’ve been asleep for the last two years I agree with.
    Note *** Raggs is "quoting" Mr. Noir above. This said, I hope this shows a change in the NRA's views on gun (civil) rights in general. I like that he used a picture from the Birmingham, MI open carry protest in his article. My assumption is, he thinks it was a demonstration of "good people" with guns. It was, and brings back fond memories.

ETA - There will be a HUGE (hopefully) demonstration / event at the state capitol in Lansing on October 9th. I urge you to attend. The only way MI law will change, is with your help.

See thread for details.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=116447
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 09-03-2013 at 07:38 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Banned
    That's too bad ... I can be an a***hole with a rifle and camera .... I ain't changing for that guy.

Just walking around ain't baiting the police .... they make their own bait and come a swimming around.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    i'm glad to hear someone associated with the NRA be so reasonable about this topic.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    That's too bad ... I can be an a***hole with a rifle and camera .... I ain't changing for that guy.

Just walking around ain't baiting the police .... they make their own bait and come a swimming around.
    Baiting the police is the best way to find the criminals. I mean after all, its their #1 technique.
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

I missed the section where he said you couldn't do it, he simply gave his opinion that one should not be an a***hole with a rifle and camera. If you want to be that person go for it.
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...derly-conduct#

In Texas if someone complains about OC it's disorderly?????........ We shall see what the courts think.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Kind of shatters the myth of Texas being a good place for gun owners. I would hate to not be able to OC my handgun daily. If I lived there I'd be forced to OC a long gun or hide the fact I'm armed. Florida is almost as bad, just provides some limited exceptions that Texas doesn't.
    Last edited by DrTodd; 09-04-2013 at 05:04 PM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

I missed the section where he said you couldn't do it, he simply gave his opinion that one should not be an a***hole with a rifle and camera. If you want to be that person go for it.
    It's simply impossible to do this. You can stand there, law-abiding ALL DAY LONG and nothing will happen just because of your own actions. It takes a person who is overly entitled, testosterone-driven, and ignorant of the law, and that person is usually wearing a badge.

I mean they can't even get along with each other (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-SynJskIPQ).
    Last edited by Maverick9; 09-04-2013 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...derly-conduct#

In Texas if someone complains about OC it's disorderly?????........ We shall see what the courts think.
    But but but all the republican neocon hacks like hannity and company would have us worship Texas. I'd take liberal Pennsylvania's gun laws any day of the week over Texas.

In fact, Northern New England, Washington, Missouri, Kansas, Idaho, and Virginia crap on Texas.

Now, now, we don't want to hurt the feelings of friends in Texas. They have great pride in their state even if their gun laws are a bit whacko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJEwrw4VEls
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Now, now, we don't want to hurt the feelings of friends in Texas. They have great pride in their state even if their gun laws are a bit whacko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJEwrw4VEls
    Just FYI, I've heard that said about Michigan too.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    Just FYI, I've heard that said about Michigan too.
    Me too hah hah. The same can be said of AZ also, we've got a few "quirky" ones ourselves.

Score one for us in the Birmingham picture. I know that tall handsome guy in the tan glock hat. Funny enough he ended up dating one of the reporters that interviewed him that day.
    Person in Home Depot: "Do you really think you need that?"
    Me: "I hope not. But then again, I didn't need my seatbelt on the way here either."

Quote Originally Posted by ken243 View Post
    Score one for us in the Birmingham picture. I know that tall handsome guy in the tan glock hat. Funny enough he ended up dating one of the reporters that interviewed him that day.
    Gotta love a good win-win story! +1

Quote Originally Posted by ken243 View Post
    I was there as well. It really was a great turnout! Good job with the reporter and did you get your AR built yet?
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    Kind of shatters the myth of Texas being a good place for gun owners. I would hate to not be able to OC my handgun daily. If I lived there I'd be forced to OC a long gun or hide the fact I'm armed. Florida is almost as bad, just provides some limited exceptions that Texas doesn't.
    I lived in El Paso for awhile and chose not to open carry a firearm. Texas law provides a defense for open carry of a long gun but you could still get charged its a little confusing.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Quote Originally Posted by NHCGRPR45 View Post
    I was there as well. It really was a great turnout! Good job with the reporter and did you get your AR built yet?
    Yeah, It was assembled the next day. Many more have been built since which required upgrading to a bigger safe.
    Person in Home Depot: "Do you really think you need that?"
    Me: "I hope not. But then again, I didn't need my seatbelt on the way here either."

SaaaaWeet! Pictures or it didn't happen!