• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

thoughts on OC demonstrations

Raggs

No one likes an *******, especially an ******* with a rifle and a camera. I try not to bait the police, I rather not have them in my life beyond a personal relationship. However, rights are rights, and as Americans we have a Second Amendment right to bear arms, which unless you’ve been asleep for the last two years I agree with.
See the rest and post your thoughts when you have seen it.
http://www.mrcolionnoir.com/right-to-carry/open-carry-demonstrations/

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

No one likes an *******, especially an ******* with a rifle and a camera. I try not to bait the police, I rather not have them in my life beyond a personal relationship. However, rights are rights, and as Americans we have a Second Amendment right to bear arms, which unless you’ve been asleep for the last two years I agree with.

Note *** Raggs is "quoting" Mr. Noir above. This said, I hope this shows a change in the NRA's views on gun (civil) rights in general. I like that he used a picture from the Birmingham, MI open carry protest in his article. My assumption is, he thinks it was a demonstration of "good people" with guns. It was, and brings back fond memories. :cool:

ETA - There will be a HUGE (hopefully) demonstration / event at the state capitol in Lansing on October 9th. I urge you to attend. The only way MI law will change, is with your help. ;)

See thread for details.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=116447

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned

That's too bad ... I can be an a***hole with a rifle and camera .... I ain't changing for that guy.

Just walking around ain't baiting the police .... they make their own bait and come a swimming around.

Tucker6900

That's too bad ... I can be an a***hole with a rifle and camera .... I ain't changing for that guy.

Just walking around ain't baiting the police .... they make their own bait and come a swimming around.

Baiting the police is the best way to find the criminals. I mean after all, its their #1 technique.

Raggs

I missed the section where he said you couldn't do it, he simply gave his opinion that one should not be an a***hole with a rifle and camera. If you want to be that person go for it.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Kind of shatters the myth of Texas being a good place for gun owners. I would hate to not be able to OC my handgun daily. If I lived there I'd be forced to OC a long gun or hide the fact I'm armed. Florida is almost as bad, just provides some limited exceptions that Texas doesn't.

Last edited:

Maverick9

I missed the section where he said you couldn't do it, he simply gave his opinion that one should not be an a***hole with a rifle and camera. If you want to be that person go for it.

It's simply impossible to do this. You can stand there, law-abiding ALL DAY LONG and nothing will happen just because of your own actions. It takes a person who is overly entitled, testosterone-driven, and ignorant of the law, and that person is usually wearing a badge.

I mean they can't even get along with each other (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-SynJskIPQ).

Last edited:

Jared

ken243

Score one for us in the Birmingham picture. I know that tall handsome guy in the tan glock hat. Funny enough he ended up dating one of the reporters that interviewed him that day. :banana:

FreeInAZ

Score one for us in the Birmingham picture. I know that tall handsome guy in the tan glock hat. Funny enough he ended up dating one of the reporters that interviewed him that day. :banana:

Gotta love a good win-win story! +1 :D

NHCGRPR45

I was there as well. It really was a great turnout! Good job with the reporter and did you get your AR built yet?

NHCGRPR45

Kind of shatters the myth of Texas being a good place for gun owners. I would hate to not be able to OC my handgun daily. If I lived there I'd be forced to OC a long gun or hide the fact I'm armed. Florida is almost as bad, just provides some limited exceptions that Texas doesn't.

I lived in El Paso for awhile and chose not to open carry a firearm. Texas law provides a defense for open carry of a long gun but you could still get charged its a little confusing.

ken243

I was there as well. It really was a great turnout! Good job with the reporter and did you get your AR built yet?

Yeah, It was assembled the next day. Many more have been built since which required upgrading to a bigger safe.