• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Little Piggy gets arrested..

HeesBonafide

We were driving through Oregon via Hwy 101 on August 11 and witnessed someone getting detained and we just happened to have the video running.

The video should be up soon on YouTube.

Not sure what laws he broke or why he was detained, but thought I would post in case this was someone here on this forum

Here is the video:
http://tinyurl.com/kn7tej8

HeesBonafide

My bad....

This was soooo important!!!

You just had to post it TWICE!!!!!

Thanx.........

I needed to waste more of my time.... to know nothing!

I am sorry that this post was a waste to you in anyway, it was not my intention.

I did not know that I couldn't post it anywhere else and it wasn't intentional to break any rules. Since I am from Washington, I wanted to post it on the Washington thread for all to see and since the guy was open carrying and arrested, I thought I would post it on the Oregon site as well just in case it provided some assistance for the person arrested in case he was in need of any corroborating evidence on his case.

Looks like I had an upload error on the video and will try to reload it again tonight when I have a chance.

It is unfortunate that people on this site tend to bite people's heads off, I am sure the camaraderie is felt by everyone around.

pnwliberty

North Bend Police Report, Aug. 12

Entry on the North Bend Police log for Saturday, Jan. 12, 2:23 p.m., "RP reported male subject on the McCullough Bridge with a pig mask, a protest sign, and a pistol in a holster, slowing down traffic. Officer respond / advised subject is protesting peacefully, no further action, logged for info."

McCullough Bridge protest
According to an entry on the Coos Co. Sheriff's log for Tuesday, Jan. 15, 10:43 a.m., "anonymous male, cell without contract, suspicious white male adult has a rifle on side, mask over the face standing in the middle of the bridge with a sign. Advise subject was out there the other day protesting gun rights, not breaking any law."

Lisa Johnson If its the pig mask guy, it is not the first time he has been on the bridge with signs. He was there a few months ago too.
Sunday at 11:10pm via mobile · Unlike · 1

Peggy Maddron The sign simply said, "What is Liberty?."

Protestor arrested
According to an entry on the North Bend Police log for Saturday, August 10, 4:53 p.m., "multiple complaints over a period of time, reference a subject openly carrying a holstered handgun, wearing a pig mask, on the McCullough Bridge. Reportedly distracting drivers, however, not getting in their way. Subject is protesting. Officer responded to contact him and advise of the complaints however was arrested after becoming increasingly resistive throughout the contact." Unknown name, charged with Disorderly Conduct II, Menacing and Resisting Arrest. Will be referred for Unlawful Use of a Firearm. Transported to the Coos Co. Jail at Coquille.

Patty Cook I saw someone walking on the bridge with a pig mask and sign. He was walking on the west side on the downhill slope heading north. Can't remember the date. I didnt see any police
8 hours ago via mobile

Fictio Cedit Veritati Yes, someone recorded the incident. The police dash cam recorded everything. What was reported was that police contacted the person on the bridge and was most likely going to be warned for being in the roadway at one point. But then he got feisty and the police had to arrest him. It was the person's attitude that landed him in jail. Just like all the other "youtube" activists. Be kind and courteous and you don't go to jail, because yes, it is legal to open carry in this state.
7 hours ago · 2

Marie Patrick I don't believe "discourteous" is a legal basis to arrest a person who is not breaking the law. Neither should stepping back when an officer is lunging at you, it's a natural reflex to do so. Now it can be a felony. We are slipping into dangerous territory when citizens accept the notion that their police are omnipotent and have a legal right to arrest protesters anywhere for "being discourteous", on the 50th ann. of the March on Washington. Back then, not stepping off the sidewalk to let a white man walk by got you beat up and arrested , so you see, those long fifty years haven't gotten us very far when police in Coos County arrest a man wearing a pig mask and carrying a sign in protest. Just because he was "discourteous".
6 hours ago · 2

Lucas Real Thank you marie patrick
5 hours ago via mobile

Dawn Wissmath we drove by and he was wearung a pig mask and had a sign about rights but i couldnt read it .. to busy trying to figure out what the mask was. hes was not bothering traffic other than a distraction when we went through.
Sunday at 8:32pm via mobile · Unlike · 1

pnwliberty

Mutoman
Mutoman is offline Senior Member Mutoman's Avatar
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guy on North Bend Bridge with sign and rifle.

This from one of my facebook friends:

There is a guy on the north bend bridge holding a sign and a rifle. Just a word of caution...the police are saying he's not doing anything unlawful

01-15-2013, 01:18 PM #2

Mutoman
Mutoman is offline Senior Member Mutoman's Avatar
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sign supposedly reads, "RIP your Rights". Guy is wearing some kind of pig mask also.