• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colion Noir and the NRA

BigBoreBoy

Don't know if you guys also follow TTAG or not but, this post got everyone all riled up last night w/ 99% of respondents coming out in support of OC.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/09/robert-farago/open-carry-demonstrators-right-dihead/

I was just glad to see an NRA man coming out in support of OC after the NRA left us hangin' on MO HB436. I'm sure that mspgunner and his team would know better than me but, everything I've heard was that the NRA wanted nothing to do with it. Thoughts? GOA / NAGR better options for us? (sorry if you guys have discussed this before - I'm new here :)).

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Thoughts? GOA / NAGR better options for us? (sorry if you guys have discussed this before - I'm new here :)).

Thoughts are simple, not only have they left us hanging, they have fought us openly.

Everyone has to decide for themselves what group they are going to support, in general you are going to find those of us pushing for the cause long term to say support them all, everything counts.

am I bitter because of history? yes, and I won't forget it but you can't cut off the nose to spite the face.

FreeInAZ

I follow the simple line of thought that says - the enemy of my enemy is my Ally. Once the greater threat is eliminated (gun grabbers in DC), then I will either try to change my lesser enemies or destroy them if need be.

NRA is poor at best in their support of OC. Hopefully this comment from Mr. Noir shows a shift in their thinking? Once our greater enemies are dealt with, we can focus on bringing them into the tent, rather than having them standing outside whizzing in...:eek: Just my 2¢ take it for what it cost you. ;)

Last edited:

Black_water

I follow the simple line of thought that says - the enemy of my enemy is my Ally. Once the greater threat is eliminated (gun grabbers in DC), then I will either try to change my lesser enemies or destroy them if need be.

NRA is poor at best in their support of OC. Hopefully this comment from Mr. Noir shows a shift in their thinking? Once our greater enemies are dealt with, we can focus on bringing them into the tent, rather than having them standing outside whizzing in...:eek: Just my 2¢ take it for what it cost you. ;)

I share this position although I disagree with the second part. I think many people don't really see politics for what it is. The NRA has made some unpleasant compromises in the past sure, but I think the possible alternatives to those compromises would have been worse.

FreeInAZ

I share this position although I disagree with the second part. I think many people don't really see politics for what it is. The NRA has made some unpleasant compromises in the past sure, but I think the possible alternatives to those compromises would have been worse.

Agreed, as noted in the last lines of my post, round aboutly - my bad. They seem to have some new blood onboard, let's see if they can sway the old timers before we write off the NRA.

BigBoreBoy

Agreed, as noted in the last lines of my post, round aboutly - my bad. They seem to have some new blood onboard, let's see if they can sway the old timers before we write off the NRA.

Write them off indeed......I hear what you guys are saying but, would disagree that they have any "new blood" at all (Colion Noir not withstanding). To me at least, they look like the same old tired organization that has compromised us to the brink of oblivion more than once. Right now they look like the republican party....old, tired, and ready to negotiate. To me, the only reason the NRA is being more aggressive is due to the hardline stance taken by GOA, NAGR, and other state and local groups that have drawn a line in the sand and said "we're not gonna take it anymore". The NRA deserves their due....no doubt about it but, given the choice....I'd put my trust in GOA. And I'm a 15 year NRA man. I hope I'm wrong. If Colion Noir is a new breed - not just a new color / new flavor / new racially motivated PR tool....then more power to them.