Thread: Colorado Democrat: Legislature, not guns, will keep you safe. Self-defense ‘frivolous

Colorado Democrat: Legislature, not guns, will keep you safe. Self-defense ‘frivolous

"Colorado House Majority Leader Dickey Lee Hullinghorst said in an interview on YouTube last week that firearms ownership is redundant because the state Legislature keeps citizens safe from harm.

“As a woman, I have the right not to carry a gun and to feel safe on the streets, and that’s what we provide for in the state Legislature is for all of us in the state of Colorado — to feel safe on the streets without having to carry a gun,” said Mrs. Hullinghorst on “The Tim Caffrey Show.” “The thought that the only way we can protect ourselves is to wield our own weapon is completely absurd and an argument that I absolutely discount as frivolous,” Mrs. Hullinghorst said."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...s-will-keep-y/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Re: Colorado Democrat: Legislature, not guns, will keep you safe. Self-defense ‘

Wow! Now she'll tells me. I don't have to carry a gun for protection, I can just whip out the old law books & a violent criminal(s) will stop their attack on me and my family, sit down, and quietly wait for the police to show up (anywhere from 5 minutes to -...never). This lady is delusional at best, at worst - intentionally setting up people to be slaughtered! Nice!

ETA - bet this (T)otally (W)orthless (A)nti (T)ard has a state paid armed security detail.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 09-04-2013 at 02:10 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

“As a woman, I have the right not to carry a gun and to feel safe on the streets, and that’s what we provide for in the state Legislature is for all of us in the state of Colorado — to feel safe on the streets without having to carry a gun,”
    Why do I have a bar in my home? Because it's cheaper to stock a bar than to get a DUI.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    "Colorado House Majority Leader Dickey Lee Hullinghorst said in an interview on YouTube last week that firearms ownership is redundant because the state Legislature keeps citizens safe from harm.
    Does this mean people in Colorado can sue the legislature for failure to protect them if they take that advice and get mugged while unarmed? Or perhaps just Hullinghorst personally?

Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    Does this mean people in Colorado can sue the legislature for failure to protect them if they take that advice and get mugged while unarmed? Or perhaps just Hullinghorst personally?
    I support this. Unfortunately, it seems we can't use "I just followed the advice of 'our' (elected official) __________" as a defense in court:

Virginia Man Follows Biden’s Advice on Firing a Gun, Gets Charged With Reckless Handling of a Firearm

Vice President Biden recently suggested that if someone feels threatened in their home, they should fire a shotgun through the door. A Virginia man did just that, and now 21-year-old Trevor Snowden is in a lot of trouble. He’s been charged with reckless handling of a firearm.

Judge Alex Ferrer, a former police officer, joined America Live and said that Snowden can’t use Biden’s advice as a defense. “The times that I’ve actually heard [Biden] give firearm handling advice, all of it has been absolutely illegal.”
    http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/03/05...-of-a-firearm/

No matter how convincing the politician is, don't follow their asinine and ILLEGAL advice. We're on our own in court.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 09-06-2013 at 02:51 PM.

Banned
    70 yr old BAT !

Who is protecting your from the STATE?

I feel like she is threatening me ....

It's ok, I "absolutely discount as frivolous" the argument than any legislature is capable of keeping anybody safe.
    Last edited by marshaul; 09-06-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Re: Colorado Democrat: Legislature, not guns, will keep you safe. Self-defense ‘

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    It's ok, I "absolutely discount as frivolous" the argument than any legislature is capable of keeping anybody safe.
    +1! Well said. :thumbup:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    Sure it does.......right after they successfully suit the police department for the same failure.

First it was Denver that broke through the barrier of your preemption law. Now it appears that Jefferson County is going a similar way by outlawing open carry in some places.
    http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...ment-buildings

Have a friend that lives in Jefferson County - he said that a couple of months ago the local constabulary went door to door asking who had guns. My response was not printable here.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Sure it does.......right after they successfully suit the police department for the same failure.

First it was Denver that broke through the barrier of your preemption law. Now it appears that Jefferson County is going a similar way by outlawing open carry in some places.

Have a friend that lives in Jefferson County - he said that a couple of months ago the local constabulary went door to door asking who had guns. My response was not printable here.
    Local governments are allowed by state law to prohibit OC in certain government owned buildings (or areas, such as parks)....if there is a law on the books and the building is posted properly. Denver is currently the only one with a legal blanket prohibition against OC, nowhere else can they say anything about anyone walking down the street OCing.
    One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by PikesPeakMtnMan View Post
    Local governments are allowed by state law to prohibit OC in certain government owned buildings (or areas, such as parks)....if there is a law on the books and the building is posted properly. Denver is currently the only one with a legal blanket prohibition against OC, nowhere else can they say anything about anyone walking down the street OCing.
    I am familiar with the checker board square syndrome - don't like it. Such puts an unnecessary burden on the LAC to be accutely aware of where he/she is standing within the borders of the same state - makes criminals of otherwise law abiding people who have no intent to cause harm to innocents.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Colorado Democrat: Legislature, not guns, will keep you safe. Self-defense ‘f...

i can guess what your response was, very similar to mine if it were me. these clowns need to back off!
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

It is a shame that transplants from other states and bureaucrats from DC seem to keep contaminating your otherwise fine state.

Someone should inform her that the police have no duty to protect.....

'Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone '

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/po...otus.html?_r=0

"WASHINGTON, June 27 - The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm, even a woman who had obtained a court-issued protective order against a violent husband making an arrest mandatory for a violation. "
    Last edited by Midwest; 09-11-2013 at 11:43 AM.
    I am not a lawyer, I study the history of gun control laws.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Who is protecting your from the STATE?

“No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session.”
    ― Mark Twain

Nothing seems to be new here - pols with different names (and genders) still trying to control their reluctant and stupid subjects.

No one is too big to fall

A warning, a shot across the bow of those that would restrict RKBA.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...sults/2796373/

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    "Colorado House Majority Leader Dickey Lee Hullinghorst said in an interview on YouTube last week that firearms ownership is redundant because the state Legislature keeps citizens safe from harm. “As a woman, I have the right not to carry a gun and to feel safe on the streets, and that’s what we provide for in the state Legislature is for all of us in the state of Colorado — to feel safe on the streets without having to carry a gun,” said Mrs. Hullinghorst on “The Tim Caffrey Show.” “The thought that the only way we can protect ourselves is to wield our own weapon is completely absurd and an argument that I absolutely discount as frivolous,” Mrs. Hullinghorst said."

Colorado House Majority Leader Dickey Lee Hullinghorst, I want to tell you about a true story. It happened just a few blocks from your state Capitol building.

In the mid-1980s I worked for Denver General Hospital as a paramedic. We often called the ER at DG the Denver Knife and Gun Club because of all the stabbings and shootings that occurred daily and nightly in the City and County of Denver.

One night I was called as the second ambulance in on a "man down" call. On arrival one victim had already been transported to DG - he had been stabbed multiple times by four black men (I'm not being racist, just telling the facts). His caucasian wife had been viciously GANG RAPED while she watched her husband nearly bleed out to death right beside her. This scene was directly under a functioning street light and was clearly visable from a near-by apartment building. The pool of blood was very large and what was left of the woman's dress was almost completely soaked, as was the white sheet the firemen used to cover her then naked torso.

While en route to the hospital the woman told me that her husband had left his pistol at home because he was unable to get a concealed carry permit.

At the ER I wheeled her in to her assigned room on the gurney. To get there we had to pass by the main trauma room where her husband was being treated. She could see the trauma team doing CPR on the man. In other words he had died either while en route to the hospital or in the ER.

The woman freaked out and began beating her blood covered fists against my chest, splattering blood all over my white uniform shirt. She screamed out loud to me, "Why, why, why?"

Well, Ms. Representative, I'll transfer her question to me to you.

Why was her husband, who was guaranteed the right to keep and bear arms, not allowed to have a firearm with him that fateful night?

"Why, why, why" Ms. Hullinghorst?

And my question to you, Ms. Representative, if you had been standing there in my shoes, with this poor victim who was unable to defend herself, would you have told her, "“The thought that the only way we can protect ourselves is to wield our own weapon is completely absurd and an argument that I absolutely discount as frivolous,” ???

I doubt it you pathetic coward.

(This ambulance call went to case review and I learned that the man died from his wounds and the woman had committed suicide.)

AUGustin

The truest tragedy to that story is that it wasn't Hullinghorst's fate and that woman instead be sitting in her seat in the legislature. (with no apologies forthcoming or deserved by this scum-of-the-earth, tyrannical Democratic thug).

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    I support this. Unfortunately, it seems we can't use "I just followed the advice of 'our' (elected official) __________" as a defense in court:
    Police have no duty to protect individual citizens because there is no special relationship requiring them to do so. Does a member of the legislature promising to protect someone create such a relationship? There's a difference between offering legal advice and promising protection, after all.

By the way...

A warning, a shot across the bow of those that would restrict RKBA.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...sults/2796373/
    Many thousands of us jumped on the grass-roots effort. Without Bloombottom's dollars, enjoyed by the other side, we triumphed over Morse, and blew Giron clean out of the water.

We're now poised to Kick the Hick out of office and replace him with Scott Gessler. I had the pleasure of meeting him yesterday. He's already neck-and-neck with Hick in the pools, and that was the day before he even announced his candidacy!

A win in the governor's seat would send the clear message not to just Coloradans, but to all states, that the successful recall of Morse and Giron wasn't a fluke. More wins in the state house and senate would slam the point home, not just with the other states, but with the feds, too.
    Last edited by since9; 09-20-2013 at 12:30 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post

By the way...

Many thousands of us jumped on the grass-roots effort. Without Bloombottom's dollars, enjoyed by the other side, we triumphed over Morse, and blew Giron clean out of the water.

We're now poised to Kick the Hick out of office and replace him with Scott Geller. I had the pleasure of meeting him yesterday. He's already neck-and-neck with Hick in the pools, and that was the day before he even announced his candidacy!

A win in the governor's seat would send the clear message not to just Coloradans, but to all states, that the successful recall of Morse and Giron wasn't a fluke. More wins in the state house and senate would slam the point home, not just with the other states, but with the feds, too.
    Wait. Did you mean Secretary of State Scott Gessler?
    Is Scott Gessler wanting to run for Governor?
    Why do I have a bar in my home? Because it's cheaper to stock a bar than to get a DUI.

Quote Originally Posted by RandallFlagg View Post
    Wait. Did you mean Secretary of State Scott Gessler?
    Is Scott Gessler wanting to run for Governor?
    Yep! Announced his candidacy yesterday. I was there! He's a down-to-earth straight shooter who promised to do everything he can to repeal the recent gun laws.

Article.

He is not a RHINO, unlike many of the other Repubs who're running.

ETA: Thanks -- I fixed the typo.
    Last edited by since9; 09-20-2013 at 12:33 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Banned

I believe it ! Heck, here they want and DEMAND entry into your house for assessment purposes. They're nuts.

And I've had FBI agents ask me what type of guns I owned...I told them that they'll find out soon enough.
    One laughed and one snarled. Its one of my standard answers to that query.

Your friend should look into the effectiveness of a notice of trespass against his local, county, and state governments.