• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Experiences/Stories While Carrying

bebop4one

I've seen a few posts in the forums here and there about experiences they've had while OCing or just CC'ing. I didn't see a thread dedicated to this and I thought it would be fun to hear some of the things that have happened to people while armed. Did someone lecture you? Did you have a good/bad encounter with LEO? Maybe someone just walked up and thanked you for being responsible enough to carry.

I'll go first. I did mention this the other day as I've just starting OC'ing. I was hiking with my girlfriend at Wallace Falls last weekend when all of a sudden I heard a thud. I looked on the ground behind me and saw my loaded magazine sitting in the dirt. I must have hit the mag release when adjusting my holster ealier. Not only was I super embarassed, but I was damn lucky that someone else on the trail didn't notice it. I'll make sure to never make that mistake again and to get a better holster!

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran

bebop4one

Ah so THAT'S what those forums are! I thought it was more like news/updates. Well thanks for the heads up...

sudden valley gunner

Belated welcome to the forum bebop, but technically this whole state thread is the story thread, post your stories. Some have started local ones so that people who browse can see that OC is normal in their area, or it's a good way to find out whats going on in that area.

bebop4one

Belated welcome to the forum bebop, but technically this whole state thread is the story thread, post your stories. Some have started local ones so that people who browse can see that OC is normal in their area, or it's a good way to find out whats going on in that area.

thank you gunner. i went ahead and asked the mods to close this thread a few days ago but i guess they didn't get around to it. also, i replied to you in the recording OC encounters thread. if you aren't too annoyed with me you should check it out :cool: