Thread: NRA joins lawsuit against NSA snooping power that could create national gun registry

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin

NRA joins lawsuit against NSA snooping power that could create national gun registry

In a court filing Wednesday with the federal district court in New York, the gun rights group argues that the NSA’s mass collection of records about every Americans’ phone calls and emails would allow the federal government to create a national gun registry.

But in its argument about gun rights specifically, the brief criticizes the federal government’s broad interpretation of Section 215 of the USA Patriot Act.

Rep. F. James Sensenbrenner Jr., Wisconsin Republican and former chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, argues in the brief — filed by the Electronic Frontier Foundation — that Congress did not write the business records provision to permit the NSA to collect the records of every telephone call made to, from and within the U.S.

The brief in ACLU v. Clapper-
    .............>>> A Normie's Guide to the Alt-Right <<<.............
    Following condemnations by Hillary Clinton, everyone in the world is now trying to define exactly what the Alt-Right is. Most of them are getting it wrong.

On The Border in AZ
    Tyrants have no friends I guess. A right is a right is a right, doesn't matter what it is.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Whatcom County
    Maybe they want the mailing list from the government......
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)