Thread: Maryland gun applications overwhelm police, dealers as tough limits draw near

Maryland gun applications overwhelm police, dealers as tough limits draw near

"State Police say that through Aug. 31 they had received 85,141 gun-purchase applications this year. For all of last year, police received 70,099 applications and in 2011 they received 46,339 applications. “This person passed all the requirements — gun safety training, no criminal background — but that’s five months to get a background check,” Ms. Sager said. “I don’t mind doing a background check, but what’s the holdup? I understand they’re getting a lot of applications, but why is it taking so long?”"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...olice-dealers/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Maryland sucks so hard.

Banned
    Don't folks sign a statement or something saying that they have not been convicted of anything? Why ask for such a statement if you are going to check anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Don't folks sign a statement or something saying that they have not been convicted of anything? Why ask for such a statement if you are going to check anyway?
    So they can add a charge of making a false statement to all the other crap they're gonna charge you with.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    So they can add a charge of making a false statement to all the other crap they're gonna charge you with.
    Oh yes, I see.