• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City of Oberlin Parks Open Carry Education Event, 7 Sep and 15 Sep

addictedkoala

Here's a few seconds of audio from the 9/7 event. I just had a big smile on my face and never actually got around to my point.

www.ohionets.com/stuff/oberlin/go-away.mp3

When I talked to her she seemed much calmer than that, granted it was later so I think she just tired herself out.

May I just say for my first event I was very happy to make you guys' acquaintances. I was nervous about going but everyone was nice, sorry if I forget names next time I see any you as I am the worst at remembering them. :) (I was the guy you probably thought was weird for wearing a bow tie)

BriKuz

When I talked to her she seemed much calmer than that, granted it was later so I think she just tired herself out.

May I just say for my first event I was very happy to make you guys' acquaintances. I was nervous about going but everyone was nice, sorry if I forget names next time I see any you as I am the worst at remembering them. :) (I was the guy you probably thought was weird for wearing a bow tie)

it was the sweater that I thought was weird ;-)

Thanks for joining us, hope to see you next Sunday....

MyWifeSaidYes

addictedkoala said:
(I was the guy you probably thought was weird for wearing a bow tie)
it was the sweater that I thought was weird ;-)

Thanks for joining us, hope to see you next Sunday....

It was the cross-draw holster that I thought was weird...and the fact that you would voluntarily associate with us crazed, gun-nut, terrorist types.

:lol:

Who's to judge weird? I wear my cell phone around my neck on an orange lanyard. If I'm too fat to draw from concealment easily, can you imagine me trying to dig my phone out of my pocket?

Ha!

See you next week!

Brian D.

Anybody that's coming Sunday a guitar owner/player? I'm working on changing the lyrics of some old hippie protest songs to a pro gun point of view and don't want to sing solo, or acapella.

After seeing the video, I also want to ask that angry young Oberlin girl how long she's been employed by the Chamber of Commerce. :LOL:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Anybody that's coming Sunday a guitar owner/player? I'm working on changing the lyrics of some old hippie protest songs to a pro gun point of view and don't want to sing solo, or acapella...
"AR's on my shoulders makes me happy..." a la John Denver

Defrock

This is the same story that had been posted earlier. However, one significant difference: This one is from the national site, not just from the local outlet!

It's on the front page too. I saw it and decided to come here to see what kind of trouble you Ohioans were stirring up. Great job guys!!! :banana::banana::monkey:monkey:lol::lol:

BriKuz

Thank my wife and kids... without the shock and awe of seeing an armed woman and two kids, I don't believe our pic would've made the local front page, let alone national.

I find it funny, though, that something we do every weekend (take the kids to the park armed) seems so newsworthy... this isn't a "prop" situation... this is who we are every day!

MyWifeSaidYes

Hey, rast1911 and Defrock,

Grab some friends and go for a road trip this weekend.

WE'RE DOING IT AGAIN! Same park, Sunday 9/15 at 11am.

Bring family. Bring friends. Bring people who need a ride.

Heck, bring anybody that thinks a city should have to follow a law just as any citizen would. The fact that this law is about firearms is really secondary to the issue.

MyWifeSaidYes

eye-

I'm up for a carpool if you're driving. My son and I were going to have to take his car ('94 Cavalier wagon) and I'm afraid that a LOOONNGGG walk home would be involved.

PM me?

Jordysoso

My brother and I, maybe a few local friends as well, are gonna be there for a little bit. My moms bday is on Sunday so I can't stay long but I'm hoping for a huge turn out!

MyWifeSaidYes

Sad news...my son will not be attending. :cry:

His aunt offered to pay him to watch her dogs this weekend and he jumped at the offer.

On the bright side, that means there will be two open seats in eye95's carpool!

Anyone on the west side of Columbus need a ride?