• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moms demanding stupidty lose mind over blackpowder rifle.

Freedom1Man

http://bearingarms.com/moms-demand-action-activists-lose-their-mind-over-blackpowder-rifle-raffle/

I called and spoke to the principal today. It was a very concerning conversation. I was calm and collected and tried to appeal to him as a fellow educator in regards to the kind of example this will set for the students and the influence his decision will have. He didn’t let me get very far – interrupting me several times to tell me that this was not “some kind of AK 47 or hand gun.” It’s a black powder gun apparently. Then he asked me if I was a gun-owner. When I said that was immaterial to the discussion, he said obviously you’re not [a gun-owner] and don’t understand anything. I’m a hunter and know what I am doing. Then he hung up on me. Clearly, his personal ad political convictions are leading his decisions, which is inappropriate for a school administrator. Additionally, he was unprofessional, dismissive, and rude. I shared my experience with the state superintendent, June Atkinson (unfortunately, her authority is limited in this case). Then I called the country superintendent, Sean Bulson, who approved the decision, to file a complaint about the principal’s conduct and lack of professionalism. Finally, I called our local news station with the story.

Click link for the rest of the story.

John Canuck

While reading the OP, I was trying to figure out why you would call the school like that. It wasn't apparent that it was a quote from a handwringing mommy having a tantrum. Now I get it.