Thread: Anyone here ever open carried to their child's soccer game?

Anyone here ever open carried to their child's soccer game?

Just was wanting to know if anyone has open carried to one of these games and if other parents (especially those unrealistically frightened of guns) or people there showed more concern seeing as their children, and other children, were there too. My daughter starts soccer soon and wanted to be prepared for anything negative, if any, since I have never open carried in that environment yet and all my experiences have been positive everywhere else I have been.

Banned
    Expect soccer moms. First, being a soccer, not football game ... they'll be all over you like white on rice.

Stand your ground ... a few "hey, you trying to grab my gun" statements and they'll stay away.

Expect cops to show up.

Never give up, never surrender !

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Expect soccer moms. First, being a soccer, not football game ... they'll be all over you like white on rice.

Stand your ground ... a few "hey, you trying to grab my gun" statements and they'll stay away.

Expect cops to show up.

Never give up, never surrender !
    I can't like your comment enough.
    Why do I have a bar in my home? Because it's cheaper to stock a bar than to get a DUI.

I wouldn't see it as an issue... You may have a few anti gunners but for the most part nobody will really care... I've even o.c. At chuck e cheese without incident

I OCed to a couple of my son's practices and games. My wife said that a few people glanced at me as I was leaving and she heard a couple of kids asking each other if they saw that I had a gun. Other than that, nothing. I'm in Weld County so I don't know if that plays into it. Other counties may not be as tolerant (though there are certainly some counties that are more tolerant, that's for sure).
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" - George Washington
    "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." - Mahatma Gandhi

As always, insert standard IANAL disclaimer here.

Because there is no documented evidence of parents at any other youth sporting event acting like retards.

More hot air... sigh.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Re: Anyone here ever open carried to their child's soccer game?

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post

Because there is no documented evidence of parents at any other youth sporting event acting like retards.

More hot air... sigh.
    +1
    We can hope all we want that the idiots won't figure out how to breed, but sadly its a losing battle.

Quote Originally Posted by CCinMaine View Post
    +1
    We can hope all we want that the idiots won't figure out how to breed, but sadly its a losing battle.
    Of course they figure out how to breed. Where do you suppose the term "dumbf**k" came from?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post

More hot air... sigh.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adzYNSOrz-Q

Nah, never. Have you ever been to a little league game sonny?

Go on youtube, you'll find millions ...

Says the guy who posts this.

First, being a soccer, not football game ...

Must be opposite Saturday.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveInCO View Post
    Of course they figure out how to breed. Where do you suppose the term "dumbf**k" came from?
    You talk to your mother with that mouth?

You talk to your mother with that mouth?
    You talk to everyone's mother?
    Sister?
    Brother?
    Dog?
    Cat?
    Fish?
    Hermit Crab?
    Neighbor?
    Cousin?
    Friends over in Spain?
    Astronauts on the Space Station?
    Your reflection?
    Shadows?
    Your TV?
    Radio
    Car?
    Tools?
    Lawn?

Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie