• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone here ever open carried to their child's soccer game?

Nate1980

Just was wanting to know if anyone has open carried to one of these games and if other parents (especially those unrealistically frightened of guns) or people there showed more concern seeing as their children, and other children, were there too. My daughter starts soccer soon and wanted to be prepared for anything negative, if any, since I have never open carried in that environment yet and all my experiences have been positive everywhere else I have been.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Expect soccer moms. First, being a soccer, not football game ... they'll be all over you like white on rice.

Stand your ground ... a few "hey, you trying to grab my gun" statements and they'll stay away.

Expect cops to show up.

Never give up, never surrender !

RandallFlagg

Expect soccer moms. First, being a soccer, not football game ... they'll be all over you like white on rice.

Stand your ground ... a few "hey, you trying to grab my gun" statements and they'll stay away.

Expect cops to show up.

Never give up, never surrender !

I can't like your comment enough.

Rolling menace

I wouldn't see it as an issue... You may have a few anti gunners but for the most part nobody will really care... I've even o.c. At chuck e cheese without incident

eBratt

I OCed to a couple of my son's practices and games. My wife said that a few people glanced at me as I was leaving and she heard a couple of kids asking each other if they saw that I had a gun. Other than that, nothing. I'm in Weld County so I don't know if that plays into it. Other counties may not be as tolerant (though there are certainly some counties that are more tolerant, that's for sure).

HandyHamlet

:banghead:

Because there is no documented evidence of parents at any other youth sporting event acting like retards.

More hot air... sigh.

HandyHamlet

You talk to your mother with that mouth?

You talk to everyone's mother?
Sister?
Brother?
Dog?
Cat?
Fish?
Hermit Crab?
Neighbor?
Cousin?
Friends over in Spain?
Astronauts on the Space Station?
Your reflection?