Thread: Someone is "Unhappy"

Someone is "Unhappy"

http://m.bellinghamherald.com/bellin...tguid=jPLEO1yA

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

From the link

Poor misguided, anti-freedom individual suffering from terminal transference says:

Ten days ago, while food shopping at the Barkley Haggen store, I stood in line next to a pistol-packing fellow customer. Shocked at seeing a weapon exposed in full view for all men, women and children, innocently shopping for groceries to view, I asked if he were a policeman. He replied, "I'm a concerned citizen."

Meanwhile, Starbucks Coffee, who rents space at Haggen, I believe was celebrating "take your lethal weapon to the store day."
    Well, I too am concerned and so should we all be. I believe the far right of America have effected an armed take over of our country and if one complains, as I am, we're vilified as un-American. A letter to the editor in today's Bellingham Herald, "Guns needed for protection" was submitted by a bragging 215-pound Nooksack citizen. This cowboy, superhero answer to gun violence is typically lathered in bravado rhetoric. How pathetic! How tragic.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    http://m.bellinghamherald.com/bellin...tguid=jPLEO1yA

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    OC'ing makes this the land of fear and home of hate??? Lol ok

Banned
    Clearly the poster was not a-scared as he waited in line with the carrier

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Clearly the poster was not a-scared as he waited in line with the carrier
    Maybe too scared to run and/or slippery underfoot.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Michael Maryk of Bellingham, seems like a whiny little freedom hater.

Oh, well he'd better go turn in his computer for an old manual printing press and a quill. Oh he's better use an ink pot and drying sand too unless he wants the ink to run.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

I wonder who he/she calls when she is afraid?
    www.WaGuns.org

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

Quote Originally Posted by massivedesign View Post
    I wonder who he/she calls when she is afraid?
    Ghost Busters!
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

I frequently shop in that haggens and have been asked that very question. I never have anyone run away or scream and cry.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

My history may be a bit shaky, but after something worthy of being described as an "armed takeover", generally those who complain are done a far sight worse than being called names.

"Those damn gun extremists! Before long they'll control the entire government, and then they'll be free to call us ALL 'un-American'!"

"I have a right to feel not called 'un-American'!"
    Last edited by marshaul; 09-06-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I go there all the time.

Was just there yesterday, for some ginger beer.

Have had several conversations.

Curious to whom this whiny anti constitutionalist is referring too.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

He does realize that our right to carry ensures his right to tell us we can't.......or maybe he doesn't?

What an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I go there all the time.

Was just there yesterday, for some ginger beer.

Have had several conversations.

Curious to whom this whiny anti constitutionalist is referring too.
    well someone craigslisted john to rant about him walking his dog, maybe you should put up an ad on "missed connections" asking for the whiner to come forward?
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Oh the irony.

How pathetic! How tragic. I believe we have gone from the "land of the free, home of the brave" to a "land of fear -- home of hate."

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/michael-maryk/8/952/357
    http://www.strategicbookpublishing.com/Sunpath.html

Definitely click the second link, he has his picture at the bottom.

And another little commentary; Starbucks wasn't having a "Bring your gun in to Sbux day" as they are apolitical in the issue. Mr. Maryk's comment about "complaining" about Constitutional rights opens the door to be called "Un-American" is a little off. Being an opinion "letter," there's no response allowed. He didn't detail the full conversation (if there was one). The only one calling him "Un-American" is himself. Because deep down, in the bottom of his heart, he knows he wants to be British. Or Australian. Anything but American.

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    He does realize that our right to carry ensures his right to tell us we can't.......or maybe he doesn't?

What an idiot.
    Sorry, but is not why I carry. Not at all.

It used to be when I was on active duty in the mens' department of the Navy. Took an oath to lay down my life if needed do that and everything. Nowadays the way I honor my part of the oath is to be active in guiding the process by which representatives of the population are sent to all levels of government, and to remind folks like Mr. Michael Maryk of Bellingham that many folks have in fact paid the ultimate price to assure that nobody denies him the right to voice his opinions regardless of how stupid, misguided and pathetic they may be.

If I'm ever in Bellingham I'm going to carry his picture so I can remember that he does not want me to carry a gun, so by extention he must not want me to protect him or his rights. If he pays his fair share of taxes he has already "hired" cops and members of the armed forces to ensure his right to voice his opinions regardless of how stupid, misguided and pathetic they may be.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

It used to be when I was on active duty in the mens' department of the Navy. Took an oath to lay down my life if needed do that and everything. Nowadays the way I honor my part of the oath is to be active in guiding the process by which representatives of the population are sent to all levels of government, and to remind folks like Mr. Michael Maryk of Bellingham that many folks have in fact paid the ultimate price to assure that nobody denies him the right to voice his opinions regardless of how stupid, misguided and pathetic they may be.

If I'm ever in Bellingham I'm going to carry his picture so I can remember that he does not want me to carry a gun, so by extention he must not want me to protect him or his rights. If he pays his fair share of taxes he has already "hired" cops and members of the armed forces to ensure his right to voice his opinions regardless of how stupid, misguided and pathetic they may be.

stay safe.
    Thanks for you service Brother
    1911er( MSCS retired)
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

stay safe.
    I agree with you and it isn't my primary reason to carry either. But I was using the term to refer to the idea that he doesn't want anyone but the goverment to have guns; If he had his way. If the goverment was the only one to have guns then he would loose his freedom of speech along with the rest of the liberties he moved here to enjoy.

Did you notice he was from New Jersey...lol

And I like Marines they are fun and make the best patients...lol

New Jersey? That explains a lot. If you don't like it, go home, or better yet go to Canada only a short drive north. No need to worry about peaceful citizens exercising their right to be protected from the evils of the world.

I am also concerned about this persons mental health, as apparently the sight of an inanimate object causes him irrational fear. I believe his illness could be treated with therapy.

I mean, I get offended and tired of seeing people running around with "I love obamacare" & "co exist" stickers on their Prius on Bainbridge Island everyday, but you don't see me whining to my local news outlet every chance I get.

I get tried of dealing with people who are totally stoned every second of everyday, having to smell the smell of a dead rotting corpse of a skunk every time I am near you, but again I am not whining to my local paper.

How about you learn to "tolerate" a peaceable citizen exercising his or her right to self defense, instead of being a whiney little *****.
    Last edited by leitung; 09-06-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leitung View Post
    New Jersey? That explains a lot. If you don't like it, go home, or better yet go to Canada only a short drive north. No need to worry about peaceful citizens exercising their right to be protected from the evils of the world.
    It's human nature. They see their old homeland (whether it be a town, county, state, country or continent) as a total pit, ruined by all the useless laws that ruin everyone's lives, the lack of opportunity caused by extreme taxation to fund government programs, etc, etc, etc.

So they move somewhere without all of those problems. And the first thing they do after moving their furniture in is look around and start trying to make the place look more like home...it never occurs to them that making the place just like home would entirely negate their reasons for moving in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Poor misguided, anti-freedom individual suffering from terminal transference says:
    I asked if he were a policeman
    I like to respond with "Why do you ask?" When they explain, just stand there waiting for more. By the time they're finished explaining why they asked it's your turn at the cashier. Then all you need to say is "excuse me while I take care of this".
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by leitung View Post
    New Jersey? That explains a lot. **.
    Yep! That explains a LOT!