• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Someone is "Unhappy"

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
From the link

Poor misguided, anti-freedom individual suffering from terminal transference says:

Ten days ago, while food shopping at the Barkley Haggen store, I stood in line next to a pistol-packing fellow customer. Shocked at seeing a weapon exposed in full view for all men, women and children, innocently shopping for groceries to view, I asked if he were a policeman. He replied, "I'm a concerned citizen."

Meanwhile, Starbucks Coffee, who rents space at Haggen, I believe was celebrating "take your lethal weapon to the store day."
Well, I too am concerned and so should we all be. I believe the far right of America have effected an armed take over of our country and if one complains, as I am, we're vilified as un-American. A letter to the editor in today's Bellingham Herald, "Guns needed for protection" was submitted by a bragging 215-pound Nooksack citizen. This cowboy, superhero answer to gun violence is typically lathered in bravado rhetoric. How pathetic! How tragic.

Freedom1Man

Michael Maryk of Bellingham, seems like a whiny little freedom hater.

Oh, well he'd better go turn in his computer for an old manual printing press and a quill. Oh he's better use an ink pot and drying sand too unless he wants the ink to run.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
My history may be a bit shaky, but after something worthy of being described as an "armed takeover", generally those who complain are done a far sight worse than being called names.

"Those damn gun extremists! Before long they'll control the entire government, and then they'll be free to call us ALL 'un-American'!"

"I have a right to feel not called 'un-American'!"

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I go there all the time.

Was just there yesterday, for some ginger beer.

Have had several conversations.

Curious to whom this whiny anti constitutionalist is referring too.

mikeyb

Oh the irony.

How pathetic! How tragic. I believe we have gone from the "land of the free, home of the brave" to a "land of fear -- home of hate."

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/michael-maryk/8/952/357
http://www.strategicbookpublishing.com/Sunpath.html

Definitely click the second link, he has his picture at the bottom.

And another little commentary; Starbucks wasn't having a "Bring your gun in to Sbux day" as they are apolitical in the issue. Mr. Maryk's comment about "complaining" about Constitutional rights opens the door to be called "Un-American" is a little off. Being an opinion "letter," there's no response allowed. He didn't detail the full conversation (if there was one). The only one calling him "Un-American" is himself. Because deep down, in the bottom of his heart, he knows he wants to be British. Or Australian. Anything but American.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
He does realize that our right to carry ensures his right to tell us we can't.......or maybe he doesn't?

What an idiot.

Sorry, but is not why I carry. Not at all.

It used to be when I was on active duty in the mens' department of the Navy. Took an oath to lay down my life if needed do that and everything. Nowadays the way I honor my part of the oath is to be active in guiding the process by which representatives of the population are sent to all levels of government, and to remind folks like Mr. Michael Maryk of Bellingham that many folks have in fact paid the ultimate price to assure that nobody denies him the right to voice his opinions regardless of how stupid, misguided and pathetic they may be.

If I'm ever in Bellingham I'm going to carry his picture so I can remember that he does not want me to carry a gun, so by extention he must not want me to protect him or his rights. If he pays his fair share of taxes he has already "hired" cops and members of the armed forces to ensure his right to voice his opinions regardless of how stupid, misguided and pathetic they may be.

stay safe.

1911er

It used to be when I was on active duty in the mens' department of the Navy. Took an oath to lay down my life if needed do that and everything. Nowadays the way I honor my part of the oath is to be active in guiding the process by which representatives of the population are sent to all levels of government, and to remind folks like Mr. Michael Maryk of Bellingham that many folks have in fact paid the ultimate price to assure that nobody denies him the right to voice his opinions regardless of how stupid, misguided and pathetic they may be.

If I'm ever in Bellingham I'm going to carry his picture so I can remember that he does not want me to carry a gun, so by extention he must not want me to protect him or his rights. If he pays his fair share of taxes he has already "hired" cops and members of the armed forces to ensure his right to voice his opinions regardless of how stupid, misguided and pathetic they may be.

stay safe.

Thanks for you service Brother
1911er( MSCS retired)

DocWalker

stay safe.

I agree with you and it isn't my primary reason to carry either. But I was using the term to refer to the idea that he doesn't want anyone but the goverment to have guns; If he had his way. If the goverment was the only one to have guns then he would loose his freedom of speech along with the rest of the liberties he moved here to enjoy.

Did you notice he was from New Jersey...lol

And I like Marines they are fun and make the best patients...lol

leitung

New Jersey? That explains a lot. If you don't like it, go home, or better yet go to Canada only a short drive north. No need to worry about peaceful citizens exercising their right to be protected from the evils of the world.

I am also concerned about this persons mental health, as apparently the sight of an inanimate object causes him irrational fear. I believe his illness could be treated with therapy.

I mean, I get offended and tired of seeing people running around with "I love obamacare" & "co exist" stickers on their Prius on Bainbridge Island everyday, but you don't see me whining to my local news outlet every chance I get.

I get tried of dealing with people who are totally stoned every second of everyday, having to smell the smell of a dead rotting corpse of a skunk every time I am near you, but again I am not whining to my local paper.

How about you learn to "tolerate" a peaceable citizen exercising his or her right to self defense, instead of being a whiney little *****.

Last edited:

Difdi

New Jersey? That explains a lot. If you don't like it, go home, or better yet go to Canada only a short drive north. No need to worry about peaceful citizens exercising their right to be protected from the evils of the world.

It's human nature. They see their old homeland (whether it be a town, county, state, country or continent) as a total pit, ruined by all the useless laws that ruin everyone's lives, the lack of opportunity caused by extreme taxation to fund government programs, etc, etc, etc.

So they move somewhere without all of those problems. And the first thing they do after moving their furniture in is look around and start trying to make the place look more like home...it never occurs to them that making the place just like home would entirely negate their reasons for moving in the first place.

amlevin

Poor misguided, anti-freedom individual suffering from terminal transference says:

I asked if he were a policeman

I like to respond with "Why do you ask?" When they explain, just stand there waiting for more. By the time they're finished explaining why they asked it's your turn at the cashier. Then all you need to say is "excuse me while I take care of this".